Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-04-2007, 06:52 AM   #151
zenjim
Registered Member

Default Re: I'm the perfect motorcyclist!

Will you be coming after Rossi with the M1? If so, I may need to change my betting this season.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2007, 06:55 AM   #152
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Re: Power to Wait

Don't worry, they're coming. A few towns (like mine) in The Peoples Republic of Washington have red light cameras and school zone cameras cropping up. Plain old speed cameras can't be too far behind.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:56 AM   #153
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: WOW!

Don't forget this is his "online personality."

In the real world everyone loves him.

Interesting that out of all the available "online personalities" he had to select obnoxious a$$hole.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:59 AM   #154
testcase
Founding Member

Default Re: I'm the perfect motorcyclist!

ANNNDDD it falls down.

--------------------------------------------------
The Wheelnerds Podcast - http://www.wheelnerds.com
testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:05 AM   #155
schizuki
Founding Member

That's because 90% of the population has a historical memory that goes back no farther than two weeks ago.

Whenever I hear anybody over 40 complain about today's economy, I want to punch them in the face and yell, "I was freakin' twelve during Carter's double-digit inflation, double-digit unemployment and 24% mortgages, and it's scarred into my psyche! How the f*** did you sleep through it?"

Now 550-pound, 883cc Harleys are "chick bikes", and the solution to rider accidents is limiting new riders to "little" bikes that would have won Daytona once upon a time. No f***ing perspective.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #156
mitctho
Registered Member

Default Re: WOW!

Why do so many think tiered licenses would kill HD sales? It has already been stated that HD Sportsters are already OK for beginners in some tiered systems. Blast sales might skyrocket. They also could make a smaller bike if needed to meet new demands posed by a tiered system. The tiered system may only delay the sales of big twins while newbies progressed.
mitctho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:11 AM   #157
schizuki
Founding Member

Goodness of Usage of Facts/Data - 10

Excellence of Postage - 10

Goodness of One - 10

L'sOL - 10

Total 40.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:14 AM   #158
schizuki
Founding Member

So what made the insurance companies change their minds and allow us to have muscle cars again today?

Old 01-04-2007, 07:15 AM   #159
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Years ago in Florida, a study was done that showed that the vast majority of motorcycle accidents occured in the 1st 90 days of ownership. A legislator then proposed a law that would make it illegal to ride the bike until 91 days after the purchase.

I'm still wondering per my post when the Washington study was released a while back: Although the overall number of fatalities is going up, is the ratio of fatalities to motorcycle owners going up? In Florida, the total number is rising, but relative to the vast increase in motorcycle registrations, it's actually down.

One more point Gabe: Your opening argument sucks. The flat tax was intended to treat everyone the same regardless of their situation. Not a good idea. But that's exactly what you're proposing with the licensing. Treat everyone the same, regardless of their situation.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:18 AM   #160
bboule
Founding Member

Displacement may not cause the accidents per se.. but I disagree with the general point of the article, I don't think Gabe can prove his point, the article is an opinion piece.

As long as tiered licensing implies greater required training time, as it does in other countries, it is hard for me to believe it wouldn't lead to more skilled riders who are more aware of the stupidity of drinking, excessive speed, lack of gear, etc.. and that would most likely lead to fewer accidents.

Think of tiered licensing as greater training requirements and not limiting your rights.. (No right to ride a MC anyway, it's a privelege)
bboule is offline   Reply With Quote