Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-04-2007, 03:50 AM   #91
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Power to Wait

I strongly support the tiered system. It is a way different thing for a beginner to get to that first scary-too-fast-bend-experience with a light 11 hp 125cc than with a Fat Boy. Using the aeroplane analogy, they don´t let beginners to go on fighter jets either. They use training planes, which are slower, weaker and easier to handle.

Another thing I like is that it seriously limits posers, flakes and any old nuts getting into the sport after a serious acid flash back. Whether that is a good thing is debatable. In Europe if you see a dude on a litre bike you don´t know if he´s good but at least you know he already has his scars on his knees.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2007, 03:55 AM   #92
seruzawa
The Toad

Sign I keep on my cubicle:

There is no such thing as "Idiot Proof". There is only "Idiot Resistant". The ingenuity of idiots knows no bounds.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:55 AM   #93
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: WOW!

And Victory (though, to a much smaller degree).

And to be honest, every manufacturer. Are you telling me Honda/yamaha/kawasaki/suzuki/ducati/etc. won't be a little pissed that they will have to completely revamp their production and distribution lines to a very large market?

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:56 AM   #94
SRMark
Founding Member

You need a CDL to drive a truck. You need to know how to maneuver in a parking lot to operate an Excursion or a 'Busa legally on the street. Two riders are about to set off on the streets of LA at rush hour. One is a 12-year-old motocrosser who's been riding since he was 5 and the other is a 30-year-old biking newbie with zip experience who just finished a MSF parking lot course. Both are on the Rebel 250. Assuming both know where they are going, who has the better chance of making it across town? I think what we are looking for is some mix of wisdom and ability.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:01 AM   #95
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

100% correct. Harley is obviously the REAL problem with motorcycle deaths. I figured someone would blame them for something. Is Bush is causing the deaths the next option?
Old 01-04-2007, 04:04 AM   #96
seruzawa
The Toad

Dude, we HAD those M-16A1s on our boats. Total crap. Some would jam regularly no matter how clean they were kept. One particularly jammed EVERY magazine and the Gunner's Mates refused to replace it. They said, "Oh, you're on a boat. You probably won't need to use it much". Apparently the red tape involved in replacing a rifle was too much for them.

Think hard about that before you decide to have the govt rationing your healthcare. I can hear it now. "X number of melanoma treatment packages should be enough for 2010. If it isn't we'll just cut off cancer treatment for people over 75. Too much red tape involved in ordering more treatment packages."
Old 01-04-2007, 04:04 AM   #97
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Well that's funny. All of you Yahoos gave me a TON of sh!t for getting my wife a 250cc Virago for a first bike and I was told it was DANGEROUS and that she should be on at least a 500cc bike or some crap like that!

And the aeroplane analogy was even used except it was mentioned that the 250cc bike is a "glider".

And half of you chanting for tiered licenses are usually the ones that shout "SV650!" when someone posts what should they get for a first bike.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:05 AM   #98
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: The Horror!

Please stop talking sense to the Harley Haters Club. Their moronic bias, while tiresome, is certainly consistant.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:06 AM   #99
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

In gbrummett's defense, he does ride a Buell...
Old 01-04-2007, 04:07 AM   #100
seruzawa
The Toad

Who knew that HD was all-powerful? All those Harley haters better watch it. They just might start disappearing mysteriously.