Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-27-2006, 05:01 PM   #101
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Smackdown in Chi-Town

"Wow... some of you anti-Harley guys really need to take a chill pill! I own and a BMW GS and a Harley Road King. I have toured extensively throughout the US and Canada on both bikes."

Please keep the informed opinions to a minimum here. It wrecks the vibe we have going. Thanks.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2006, 05:19 AM   #102
lcarlson
Founding Member

"Yes my BMW is quicker, handles better, and stops faster than my Harley. BUT on a nice summer day there is nothing that puts a bigger smile on my face than riding out in the country on my good old Road King."

Well said (I have a BMW too -- R1150R). My Sporty isn't the tourer that the Road King is, but the feeling is much the same.

lcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:34 AM   #103
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

My young nephew once said it best when he overheard his Grandmother asking me why I have 2 bikes. He said "Grandma do you always like the same flavor of ice creme?".

Smart kid ay?

Out of the Mouths of Babes. I've never actually thought of Motos in a "Icecream" sort of way before.

Thanks for sharing.

Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:18 AM   #104
nesbit
Founding Member

Excuse me, but am I the only disappointed reader here? Why waste time writing a comparison on last years HD's. Anyone notice that the 2007's arrived in Sept? We've been patiently waiting for a 96" and EFI-Sporti review from MO for months, and this article, which would have been interesting a year ago, gets published instead. Is this an indication of what we can expect from the new ownership?
nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #105
ironbutter
Founding Member

Totally agree except for one thing: the 2007 Harleys were out in July not Sept, so there is even less excuse than you thought. This article amounts to a review of last year's stale leftovers for those hunting up a bargain-priced Harley (probably still an oxymoron).
ironbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:52 PM   #106
Gluge
Registered Member

yea... but then what's the total come to?
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:57 PM   #107
Gluge
Registered Member

Here here! Yes.. there are sport bike posers too... and bless them for they make our sport bikes cheaper! But at least sport bikes are built with a freak'n purpose in mind... unlike ass candy.

And don't give me any of that bull***** HD's are for crusing crap... my ~70 year old dad tours on a aprilia RS250 ! and races the very same one. All you need is a tail trunk and some stomac strength. At a good clip the wind will ballance out the leaned forward possition and you should be pretty netural as far as weight on your wrists.

Hell most HD 'crusers' don't even have fairings!
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:25 AM   #108
svtech
Registered Member

So, just which part of $ales and Marketing have you confu$ed?
svtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #109
laidbak
Founding Member

This thread has gone terribly off topic.

For all you guys that deride and scorn Harley Davidson, go have a look at how many bikes they sell a year.

I personally favor Triumph triples but as many rings as they will ride around any Harley, their sales figures absolutely pale in comparison. Thus is the same for all European brands and every Japanese brand except good 'ol Honda which is expected to trail a close second who's saving grace happens to be Dirtbikes.

They are making product, moving product, retaining customers and gaining new ones.

Good, bad or indifferent, give them their props!! They have manufactured and marketed their way to the top. I personally dont understand it, but I tell ya what! I wish I owned a Harley Dealership, that way I could afford to buy all the Ducati's and MV Agusta's to drool over..

We've gotta stop bashing them, just bash the riders that refuse to wave to anyone on a repli-racer.

Good review guys, I'll admit to liking the look of the Street Bob quite a bit.
laidbak is offline   Reply With Quote