Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-15-2001, 08:37 AM   #41
bilbo
Registered Member

Default Re: Trick scoots in Japan

Go to www.aprilia.com, you can view pics of all their scooters. Note, if you click on the apriliausa.com link, it will only show three scooter models, presumably the ones they import to the US, but if you stay on the main site, all their models are listed.
bilbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2001, 08:48 AM   #42
Dual__Exhaust
Founding Member

Default Re: Vino Hop-Up Reader Feedback

Dude,

As long as I have lived, I have never heard as crazy a comment spurt as that. You are epitome of ruthless, reckless, poetic ruffian and I shant be a fly on the wall to see you rant further as I may pass.

The world is only safe whilst you sit at the PC to type MO comments. Should you enter the roads with your twisted senses, we all could perish before the night is through. Shall I go on?

Your wit is sharp, as a blade. Your keyboard as clicky, as a clicker. [b]Your mind so twisted such that it cannot be untwisted, no matter the force of the de-twisting device.[b]

Dual__Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 12:05 PM   #43
Supergome
Founding Member

The Biggest stock Lambretta was 200cc, and in 79, it would have been a Serveta Jet 200.
Supergome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 09:51 AM   #44
beerhead
Founding Member

Default Re: Trick scoots in Japan

Well, I checked out the site but the model I mentioned wasn't there. This thing is boss. It has a huge rear shock sticking right through the frame. It is built to kill. Sorry I don't have a digital camera, but I'll see what I can do.

(by beerhead, this system is a little screwy, it recognises you when you enter but then calls you a squid. Get on it editors!)

beerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 12:19 AM   #45
kookyzoo
Founding Member

Default Re: Pics of trick scoots in Japan

Thanks beerhead, a pic would be great!

Bring on the big monoshox, I'll make a T-shirt.
kookyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 12:32 AM   #46
kookyzoo
Founding Member

Perhaps it was on 10th rebore?
kookyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 12:29 PM   #47
onebadchad
Founding Member

At first, I thought I had a blowout, but when I looked back I had realized I broke the sound barrier, Amazing...... Why dont they come from the factory like this?? I bet they would sell more.. I actually passed cars, went up a hill with the speedo pegged. I think I will rejet the carb and see if I can adjust the advance the ignition a bit, I think I could make this thing do 60 pretty easy!!

A moron could do this free upgrade.. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to get any more performance.
onebadchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 05:18 PM   #48
wyk1
Founding Member

Default MODIFICATION TIPS!

I have performed the listed modifications on a 2001 Vino and would like to place a word of caution. The first Modification works like charm, grinding out the welds which retain the restrictor and removing reaped substantial performance gains. The second brought benefits, but there were some reliabilty issues, and the instructions were inaccurate.

Removing the washer improved fuel economy, and increased top speed while reducing engine RPM. However, the extra belt movement resulted in the belt contacting the case at the bottom, at the internal radius point. This can lead to belt failure, and required us to grind about 2 mm off the inside of the casing.

ALSO:

1. The circlip retaining the kick-starter does not need to come off. The kick starter is attached to the cover only, and comes off with it.

2. The gear oil does not need to be drained, it is housed seperately in the rear planetary unit. The CVT belt runs dry. The oil should be changed as per the owners manual interval.

3. The washer is located in the forward pulley unit, NOT the "CLUTCH" pack, which is in the rear.

4. Since the Vino is so new, you can most likely reuse the gasket.

5. Make sure to firmly attach your ground wire, and the airbox gasket will have been disturbed, and will likely leak unless aligned properly.

Happy scootering!

(Although we are unsure of the exact problem, our Vino, after being run at top speed 40+ for some extended time appears to have oversped one of the transmission bearings, as it is making some bearing noise in the final drive unit. It is not oil related.)

Note: Author is an ASE certified Master Mechanic, member of Society of Automotive Engineers, SCCA racer, and Grand-Am Pit Crew Mechanic.
wyk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:08 PM   #49
bubba_n
Founding Member

Sort of - ain't that the sad truth. I have a Vino - couldn't resist the looks. However, ther ride home from the dealership took like eight times longer than planned due to the fact that it is basically slower than a well oiled bicycle. I mean - c'mon Yamaha! I took out the washer (restrictor) on the exhaust pipe and the thing now runs almost 40 on level ground, but sheesh - stock this thing is actually dangerous because it is so slow - no exxageration.

Unless you are entirely demented like me and just can't resist a retro looking thing of any kind, I suggest you go with the Zuma2 Sports Scoot. I have one of those too, and it "hauls the mail!"

Believe me, as soon as I get a chance I'm gonna modify the "gearbox" (or rubberband) on this thing as suggested here. The little bike - as beautiful as any bike I have ever seen including a Vespa, is too damn slow to be any form of practical transportation.

I can't understand why the Zuma2 is so quick with a 50cc engine, and this thing is so slow with the same size engine.

One good thing - the little Vino looks cool and cutting the washer out of the exhaust makes it sound less like a vacuum cleaner, but just barely. Oh well, I guess chicks dig it, who knows? I'm an old fart with no chance of finding out, but I can always dream, I guess.

Ah hell - get one - they're fun and only cost what 3600 bus tickets cross town would be. Hummm - on second thought - I got one for sale.

yer pal in bama -

bubb_n
bubba_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 01:46 PM   #50
zxrider
Founding Member

What?!?! No Dyno Charts!?

I want to see some rear-wheel HP (hamster power) and torque (in lb/inch) figures!
zxrider is offline   Reply With Quote