Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-13-2001, 07:24 AM   #21
Sparky
Founding Member

Default Re: Vino Hop-Up Reader Feedback

What he said!
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2001, 07:35 AM   #22
Sparky
Founding Member

c. 1960s...stealing the blown lawnmower engine from the neighbors trash before the trash truck came. Spend under ten dollars to have the sparkplug hole helicoiled, purchase new rings and oil slinger, even pay for 1.5 gallons of gas (@$.35/gal). Now for the frig-rig motor mount to your buddy's broken mini bike and you were in business! Hell, if we had $20, that NO bottle would have been next. The friction brake on the front for brakies?.....that would be a major challange.

Bikes rule!
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 07:36 AM   #23
static
Founding Member

Default Re: Nice, girls.

Where are the plastic daisies? lol

I test drove the new four stroke Vespa, also a very cool (and wheelie capable) machine. Ten inch tires scare the hell out of me though.
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 08:10 AM   #24
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: Nice, girls.

Scooters rule -- for the moment, at least. We're picking up a new Kymco scooter this week as well. And with honda's new scooter just around the bend? Heh, heh. Let the madness begin!
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 08:30 AM   #25
stevegrab
Founding Member

That was hilarious.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 08:34 AM   #26
stevegrab
Founding Member

Ok, I guess this is all in good fun. I don't think anybody here is really that interested in buying or hopping up a scooter.

If so, maybe they should look at www.scooter.com, not www.motorcycle.com

Great for the humorous bits though.

PS I heard a story from a park ranger in the Blue Ridge Parkway about a group of older people on scooters who tour the Blue Ridge every summer. Watch out, here comes granny with her Vino
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 09:02 AM   #27
VFRJunkie
Founding Member

I'll one up that one. Me and a couple of friends were in Rocky Mountain National Park this summer. 2 Honda 250cc Scooters pull up. It turns out to be a husband and wife team that had rode them out from Minnisota on a little x-country trip. Funny thing was, the guy said he had a Goldwing back in the Garage at home, but wanted to do something different this time.
VFRJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 12:06 PM   #28
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

I've gone cross-country on a Sportster and a 400cc Suzuki thumper as well as other bikes not generally thought of in the "touring" genre because doing it on something like a Goldwing or Electraglide is no challenge --those things are just 2-wheeled Buicks.

OTOH my hat is off to anybody who would attempt it on a scooter, even a 250cc. I don't think I'd ever get up the nerve or insanity (whichever it takes) to do that!
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 12:39 PM   #29
SugarMrPoon
Founding Member

yeah- my pops was just telling me a story about seeing a guy up ay independence pass on a Spree.

wonder if it was the same crew. was it the Colo 500?
SugarMrPoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 01:36 PM   #30
darkspy
Registered Member

Default And next......

Get one of those neato Aprilia RS50's and get the 75cc bigbore kit and pipes for it. For around a $1000 you can triple the power (5 to 15HP!!!) Yeah, that'd be super extreme. Looks like a sportbike, sounds like a dragster chainsaw, goes like a raped snail. Do it!!!!!!!!!!
darkspy is offline   Reply With Quote