Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-12-2001, 02:32 PM   #11
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

Default Re: Vino Hop-Up Reader Feedback

Q: How do you double your scooter's power output?

A: Add another hamster.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2001, 03:32 PM   #12
RRocket
Founding Member

After a fine article like this one, I'm sure this will have people "donating" money to MO in droves....and those that did will be happy to see the fine quality of technical article that their money paid for...*sigh*....
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:54 PM   #13
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Perfect answer. Style is that intangible element that always matters. I personally preferred the Rebel to a scooter, but to each their own. That's a free market for you, no?
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 07:03 PM   #14
deanmass
Founding Member

OK...now that I am a DONATIN' guy, I want MP3 vids of Minime wheelieing the Vino VTX edition at 100 MPH. I demand that as a contributing user.

(ed. We were afraid of this.)

(-pre-edited, and yes I am joking)
deanmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 10:42 PM   #15
TCAir
Founding Member

OK!!! Folks it's official...MO is on CRACK!!!!! Hopping up a scooter what could be more rediculous, but wait I hopped up my riding lawn mower when I was 9 so maybe it's not just them, maybe it is everyone who live in motorcycledom. I do believe it is.

Hey have you guys thought about putting a little NOS bottle on it? With the front foot area as large as it is bottle changes would be easy, and I bet the look on the faces of passers by when you hit the nitrous would strange.

"Honey did you hear a weed eater go by, or was that just a mosquito in my ear?"

Keep up the good work!!!
TCAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:26 AM   #16
MC
Founding Member

Personally, I'd rather see more articles like the Vino hop-up than a bijillion race reports from Daytona... or anywhere else for that matter.

- MC
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 03:59 AM   #17
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

This opens up endless possibilities. NOS-fogged, nitro burning Scooters From Hell!!! So, you can wheelie the thing, how about a stoppie?

You know, a couple of years ago, I would be utterly disinterested in this, but for some reason, this seems like fun right now.

I'll go home and examine my helmets for scratches and dents that I don't remember.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 04:17 AM   #18
MoMo
Founding Member

Default Nice, girls.

I applaud the motor and tranny work, but c'mon, a basket? Are you girls planning on riding your hot-rodded scooter to a tea party or something? Even if you put beer or dirty magazines in that basket, it is still a basket. Otherwise, very funny.
MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 05:14 AM   #19
alanheng
Founding Member

Default Re: Nice, girls.

Nothing wrong with baskets.

I don't know... maybe some tassels on the handlebar ends could be cool, too!

Blip! Thanks for hearing my kookoo request for scooter reviews! You are the man!
alanheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 05:43 AM   #20
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

Default Has a long and glorious tradition...

hopping up bikes that don't have much to start with, that is. When I was a teen there was this bike called the Honda CL100-S. It was only FIVE horsepower (legal back then for 14-year olds to ride, I don't know what the law is now). The only reason it was 5 horsepower was because the valve in the slide-valve carb had a "non-removable" cylinder extension that kept it from opening all the way. But a little dexterity with a hacksaw could easily fix that, at least doubling the horsepower and making it (sort of) highway capable. Ah, the feel of 100cc of cheap Japanese tin under you at 75mph (downhill with a strong tailwind of course). No thrill quite like it!
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote