Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-07-2006, 05:35 AM   #91
staff
Founding Member

Default Re: No MO no MOre for Ashley

I was already retired.

I'm starting an orphanage in Cambodia and Jerry and I have promised to keep in touch so I'll keep you MOFOs informed.

Fonz is da man and I'll buy him a ticket to come dirtbike/motard/roadrace SE Asia, take pictures of Thailand and the Cambodian orphange, write some text for him and Fonz'll make a slideshow and videos for VScope's NewBettaMO when they give him time off.

I never gave Fonzie vacations, though, so maybe they're nicer than me and it'll happen sooner rather than later
staff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2006, 06:21 AM   #92
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Good luck with that Ashley and thanks for allowing me to participate in the World of Mofos.

I've gotten to ride so many bikes I would have never ridden, and probably got more heartburn at MoFo lunches than I ever have as well.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:30 AM   #93
seruzawa
The Toad

Stop with the @$$kissing or we'll have to start calling you "KP, jr".
Old 12-07-2006, 06:34 AM   #94
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: VerticalScope Announces Acquisition of Motorcycle.com

Heh heh. Get him a 6 pack of San Miguel instead. You've never experienced natural gas until you've gone to sea with 300 other sailors who spent the last 48 hours consuming San Miguel.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:51 AM   #95
vscope
Founding Member

Thank you for the many replies! We are excited about acquiring Motorcycle.com for just this reason - there is a ton of enthusiasm and loyalty for the site!

We have met with all of the staff, and are taking their advice on the changes. Any changes that do happen on Motorcycle.com are because Gabe, Pete and Al wanted them to happen. One of the first things they've asked for is a face-lift of the site.

One item that has been mentioned a few times: "will we keep the old content" ... absolutely! That was one of our motivating factors for the purchase was over 12 years of top-notch Motorcycle articles and reviews!!

We didn't buy Motorcycle.com to change it or mess it up - we bought it because it's successful. The current staff will be staying in-place, and we will be looking to add more content and improve the look-and-feel and navigation of the existing site, with the input we are given from the users and staff.

Feel free to email me some of the ideas you might have for the site, things you would like improved, and things you demand stay the same

Rob - rob@motorcycle.com

vscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:04 AM   #96
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Don't forget my two burritos!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:07 AM   #97
pushrod
Founding Member

I never had that experience, but I did suffer through the afereffects of San Miguel/Lumpia lunches on the way back to Clark on a BlueBird bus.

And the smell of the sugar cane processing plants! Man, that memory just won't go away!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:20 AM   #98
Tigercub
Founding Member

Well, since you asked.

1. I want more tech articles and a tech discussion forum. There's a lot to be learned about new bikes.

2. I've noticed that MO.com hardly ever scoops the print media (Cycle World, Cycle News etc. on new bikes or concept bikes. I'm guessing this is controlled by the Manufacturer and the magazine they've selected to roll out their news. It'd be nice if MO could work closer to the source, new model development, tech articles, the inside scoop as it were.

Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:27 AM   #99
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Re: Age is a state of mind.

Ditto, sorry to hear about your dad. Mine is down with cancer, not looking to good long term.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:57 AM   #100
SRMark
Founding Member

Be sure to heed everything said to you by KPaul. He is a most wise prophet. You will learn much from him, reap many benefits and your descendents will be blessed.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote