Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-24-2006, 07:53 PM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Interesting Point

2001 ZX6r?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2006, 09:49 PM   #12
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: P.S.

I'll tell my wife you said that.. Bad move dude ...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:54 PM   #13
ksquid
Banned

click here for proper response Weasel
Old 11-24-2006, 09:58 PM   #14
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

" Hey Kawasaki, if you make enough selling these jobs, do you think you might take a stab at building a hot rod cruiser based on the 14 engine?"

kpaul suggested this a few days ago. i.e. take on the Triumph Rocket. The GMP predict and then it happens

Old 11-24-2006, 11:55 PM   #15
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

All I really know about Austin is 'Austin City Limits' and the experiences of a friend of mine who went to the South by Southwest Music Festival ( SXSW). Austin is essentialy, a College Town. If you get all the Jocks, Pot Heads, Anarcists, MBA's, and Philosophy students into one pit, the winner being the Last Person Standing, who would it be? In Austin, God bless them, they still think it would be someone other than the MBA's. Unfortunately, they would probably be mistaken.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:21 AM   #16
Arrow
Registered Member

Is it me, or is the rear wheel badly proportioned? It just seems like they took it out of a scooter or something (only 15 inches!). It especially looks tiny from the left side, perhaps the impression magnified by the pulley (of the belt drive) because it hides most of the rear tire. Why didn't they use a 17 inch or even 16 inch wheel? There seems to be a problem with the height of the rear fender too, and come to think of it the swing arm looks a bit short as well, but these are probably the result of the small rear tire. If it were human it would have the upper body of a weight lifter and a midgetÂ’s legs. It is a good looking bike, until I look at the rear end, especially from the left hand side. What do you guys think?
Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:04 AM   #17
maxriderdon
Founding Member

OMG, wouldn't that be BA? Think of it as a Mean Streak on steroids, NOS, and a supercharger!!! Maybe even a HEMI, SWEET!!! LOL! It would be the power cruiser big K should have made. Of course it would need a serious "retune" for less on top and more at bottom/midrange, but oh yeah that would be BA!!!

Never happen though, they would have to disguise it to look like a V-twin somehow or the brainwashed masses wouldn't buy it no matter what the performance was like.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:32 AM   #18
KLRer
Founding Member

Not a bad looking bike. First choice blue, then red. Black (nah, youre not bad so don't try to be),

I'm beginning to realize that cruisers may be the way to go if you want to carry a passenger in any comfort. My KLR is no chick magnet thats for sure, especially the mature types I hang around.
KLRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 03:18 AM   #19
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Good point.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:27 AM   #20
chanman_01
Registered Member

You are right, there is a proportion issue with the rear of the Vulcan 900 Custom when no one is on it. It appears big K was going for a neo-Frisco chopper silhouette but got the proportions off by a tad and the rear fender is riding too high. If it had a 16" rear-wheel the proportions would be much better. Perhaps a simple accessory like slant-sided saddlebags would alter the visual height of the fender and close the gap between the top of the tire and the bottom line of the fender.

Alternatively, if the front wheel was a 19", the rear fender lowered, or lower and changed to a ducktail style but keeping the 15" rear-wheel, then youÂ’ll almost have a big Honda VLX, which has a classic Frisco chopper silhouette.

Not to diss either bike, I commute on a VLX in the D.C. area 10 months out of a year rain or shine. And I have put the 900 Custom at the top of my consideration list for my next commuter. The price is right, the size is right (for my 29" inseam legs), the fuel injection is right, the power is almost right (wish it has at least five more ponies) and when some mid-size saddle-bags are thrown over the rear, the style will look almost right.

Gabe or fellow MOrons: Any info on the MPG? Maintenance? Other real-world riding info?

chanman_01 is offline   Reply With Quote