Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (
-   MO Reader Feedback (
-   -   When in Rome... (

DFOMara 11-13-2006 10:26 AM

Re: When in Rome...
Riding & driving in Rome is very civilised in comparison. Wait 'til you try riding In Naples or in Formia (1 hr north of Naples, 2 hrs south of Rome) in the summer beach traffic. Romans think Neopolitans are crazy drivers. And they are right.

mscuddy 11-13-2006 10:35 AM

Where'd they dig up my old Lambretta? I'd thought it'd be a few hundred disposable lighters by now...

Dangerousdave_2 11-13-2006 10:36 AM

I heard they actually have brake point markers on some of their turns.

James_Brown 11-13-2006 10:43 AM

They also rent Transalps and CBF-500s. Woo-hoo. I'm not sure when I'll get back to Rome, but when I do, I'm renting a bike!

yossef 11-13-2006 11:02 AM

Re: When in Rome... will rent you also beemers, monsters and more and from what I heard they expanded their offerings to Roma too.

agrogan 11-13-2006 11:04 AM

I completely agree. My wife (I had to marry her after this) and I rented a scooter in Sorento and rode it throught the tunnels to Napoli and Pompei. A beautiful and exciting ride, but I may have ruined my chances of ever again driving a scoot in a foreign country.

The whole "use every inch of space" paradigm applies to busses in Italy too. Even if you and your scoot end up in the soft shoulder.

Boromir 11-13-2006 11:30 AM

Gabe, what is the matter with you. What about the Roman GIRLS on scooters? Not even 1 picture.

DFOMara 11-13-2006 11:37 AM

He was with his wife and not suicidal.

Mooner 11-13-2006 12:11 PM

Just returned from Italy last weekend and I regret to say I chickened out on renting a scoot in Rome. The whole getting around part (in my opinion) is easier by foot so you can stop to make out the signs every block. Go ahead, call me a puzzy. In my deUnfortunatley, I was unable to locate a place that still had bikes in Florence, as I was hoping to do some riding in Tuscany. Apparently most outfits send their bikes to Sicily in the colder months. (Italians must get cold easily).

staff 11-13-2006 12:21 PM

Tell more of your friends to subscribe this year and MO will send the Fonz to get THOSE photos.... and plenty of 'em.... gladly!