Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Victory Gets It Right (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/4035-victory-gets-right.html)

longride 10-30-2006 05:16 PM

Re: Good point..

I've owned 9 different motorcycles since 2000. Four of them were new.

jeffreyc 10-30-2006 05:24 PM

Re: Victory Gets It Right

I wonder if there is a weight difference between the standard wheels and the new "S" wheels.The handling difference could be as simple as less gyroscopic effect.

seruzawa 10-30-2006 05:26 PM

Re: Good point..

I know where you can get another HawkGt real cheap since the poor bast@rd just ate his tranny.

seruzawa 10-30-2006 05:33 PM

I've seen 4. One of them was some helmetless t-shirted dude with drag pipes who was pacing me on the Fwy and trying to get me to do some roll-on "racing". Since we were already doing 80 and in an area where the UHP hangs out I just let him have his "win".

I didn't have the heart to show him how out-horsepowered his fancy new $14K Victory was by a 15 year old bone stock "G".

Neal 10-30-2006 05:48 PM

Actually, in my area Im seeing quite a few Vegas's. I think it has a lot to do with the local dealer who was a well respected independent Harley shop owner. Sometimes the dealer attitude has as much to do with sales as the product.

seruzawa 10-30-2006 05:59 PM

2003 Polaris numbers show total company sales of about $1.6 billion. 4% were motorcycle sales which is about $64 million. Divide that by $15K per bike and you get about 4200 bikes for 2003. If they've been increasing as they claim then they are selling about 7,000 bikes per year at best.

Prett poor numbers. When you consider that the sales of all their other products are decreasing due to Polaris' poor quality you might wonder if the marque will survive.

You'd think by now that American industry would have learned that you can't get away with selling shoddy crap. But I guess not. Apparently too mant American manufacturing industries still think it's the 50's and just can't put attention on quality.

sarnali2 10-30-2006 07:46 PM

I see them around here from time to time. The local Honda-Suzuki-KTM shop carries them and I live near the bottom of Chinook Pass so there's some pretty popular roads, so there's a lot of mo'sikkle traffic anyway.

Still it's a least 60 % HD and assorted metric cruisers, 30% sportbikes and the rest Wingers and duel sports etc..

eekadog 10-30-2006 11:41 PM

Re: Victory Gets It Right (but leaves the first attempt wrong)

they had a review of the vrsersevrfat in american iron...

longride 10-31-2006 02:20 AM

If they are only selling 7000 of those things a year, that isn't enough profit to pay the lighting bill at the factory. I wish them luck.

boru4761 10-31-2006 02:56 AM

Hear. Hear. I am really curious if this the true fix. I think this would make a great article and might make Victory rethink the $3K upcharge for a new set of handle bars...