Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-23-2006, 06:53 PM   #61
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: 2007 Suzuki Model Line-up

I always liked and "got" the Bandit's. Love my ZRX but wish it had a centerstand sometimes. The New Bandit looks interesting, I'll bet some will buy different bikes but would have been happier, overall with a Bandit.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2006, 06:58 PM   #62
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: kpaul's New Bike Shoot-out

Didn't the Tomahawk just go up for sale?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:58 PM   #63
dukew
Founding Member

The only things that were even slightly wrong about the Bandit are now fixed. Liquid cooling, fuel injection, and ABS complete the perfection that is Bandit. That, ladies and germs, is my next commuter bike (the current one has 46.000 on it, and while there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, Duke needs a new toy). Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with the '87 Radian that's taking up space needed for a new bike (anybody need a parts bike?). Not sure I like that new fairing as well, though. The old one was a work of art. Ever notice how the rising line under the cats-eye lamps rose up and slid right into the cut-line on the tank, while the line of the upper frame tube drove straight up into the rising line leading to the windscreen? You surely don't see beautiful design like that on some other bike lines that shall remain nameless (though their initials are 'BMW'). Yes, that new Bandit looks lean, mean, and ready to ride rough-shod over cages everywhere (got a Miata caught in the sole of my boot the other day -- very annoying). Oh, and about that M-109R: do you think people will really like it as much as they like motorcycles? Industrial design might be OK for iPods and Macs, but I'm not sure I'm ready for this Craig Vetter-inspired super scooter just yet. Oh well. As Twain so aptly put it, "It's a difference of opinion that makes for a horse race." Let's hope Suzuki sells lots of 'em so they can keep making better Bandits (if that's possible).
dukew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:00 AM   #64
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Yeah, I wonder how many of those who think it's fugly have actually seen one instead of just looking at pictures. I know it looks much better in person than the pics. I rode one and it was really nice.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:35 AM   #65
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default Bandit, babeeee ...

but if it cranks out less than 100 hp, i'm gonna hurl.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:35 AM   #66
Gritboy
Founding Member

Default Re: ABS cost on SV vs DL...

Very cool. I'll have to take a ABS test ride, cuz I love rain riding, but not rain sliding.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:38 AM   #67
Gritboy
Founding Member

Default Re: ABS cost on SV vs DL...

As a '04 DL650 rider, I hear ya regarding price point. What I'm saying is that the new Tiger is going to chew up the DL1000 with it's retuned Speed Triple motor, and thus, for better or worse, the DL650's rep will suffer (by association).
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:19 AM   #68
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default Re: The Tenets of V-Twin Cruiser Aesthetics

"charming aural signature."

dude ... you gave me a stiffy ...
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:22 PM   #69
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki School's 'Market Awareness 101' is in session

Aah longride, the Rune. Yes I knew they stopped making it, as it was a limited one-run-only model. I also knew that it was sold only in the U.S. So, to answer your question, no I didn´t buy one. I will one day (if I find a way to import). Not a zero miles one for the bloody outrageous prices, but some used one ten years down the road.

I agree, it is the "biggest over-blown, over-styled" bike ever. This is why I want it so bad. It is also the most beautiful. And it is not crap, unless you consider crap something that has over 100 lbft of torque between 2250-5500 RPM in a silky-silky smooth engine.

Maybe you just want something that says potato-potato? My friend, V-2 engine is the most grossly overvalued French invention ever.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:18 AM   #70
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki School's 'Market Awareness 101' is in session

I was walking through my local Honda dealership/museum the other week and came across a Rune. Never really looked one over before. Tis large. But is there ever a buncha detailing on the thing. I can't believe they made this thing for less than $40K. I'm not sure I'd ever be able to stand it up again if it fell over in the garage but I'd not mind one sitting there either. Maybe someday one will be sitting next to the CBX I never bought either.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote