Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-19-2006, 12:31 AM   #1
JmalB
Premium Member

Default Re: 2007 Power Cruiser Shootout

Why no M109?

1st
JmalB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2006, 01:00 AM   #2
xlr8r
Founding Member

What about the Rocket III, then?
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:16 AM   #3
JoBu
Registered Member

I second that thought. I'm quite curious to see how the new Suzook would stack up against these bikes. From the early reviews, I would have to think it would have done quite well. Good article, nonetheless.
JoBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:19 AM   #4
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Good question!
Old 10-19-2006, 02:38 AM   #5
acecycleins
Founding Member

Pretty narrow focus, Gabe. You could have put the Rocket III in. You could have added the Moto Guzzi Griso and/or the Suzuki M109R. Heck, you could have thrown a real curve ball and tested the Hyosung Cruiser. That little bike holds a 650 v-twin ripoff tha puts out 72 hp at the crank. It's light and looks like it has a pretty good finish. So, in the end the comparo was good and my selection of the bikes tested would have me picking the same winner. But if you would have added any or all of the rides I mentioned the end result would have come out different, I believe.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:57 AM   #6
triplesguy
Registered Member

Great writeup with the usual humor, confirming the best choice for my wife (20-yr rider, 5'10", now on an old 1100 4-cyl) is the Mean Streak. No fuss, muss, or bother, and it's fast enough.

But where is the M109? The Rocket III? I'm thinking about a power cruiser for me too. I know you tested them both already - the Rocket III against different competition and the M109 alone - but a comparison in this group hits a target market for the Rocket and THE target market for the M109.

And a minor complaint. I know you're have to make money from ads and I like BMW. But waiting for a page to complete while the BMW ad comes around the corner in an animated ad (admittedly with a fairly old computer) is quite annoying. I can turn the page in a magazine much faster, or choose to look at the ad. I don't like having that control taken away from me. Just a thought for your consideration.
triplesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:58 AM   #7
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

No M109? Whats the point of the shootout if you don't include one of the more critically acclaimed bikes of the last season? I'm sure the people actually interested in these bikes surely would want to know.
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:10 AM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member

Wow, Gabe. It's 8am est and people are ragging you about a bike that your test left out. Bet you hear about this all day. I say you take the M109r story and re-read it then put a side bar in the current article about the bike and how it would have done in this comparo if it went head to head with the bikes. If I remember, you guys liked the bike. Just a thought.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:28 AM   #9
2stangs69-91
Founding Member

As a owner of a 06 V-Max I just want to say I Love my Bike. I added the windscreen holeshot pipes a stage 1 K&N kit and this bike is a rocket.. I find it funny people complain about the brakes and it has the same brakes as the Warrior and those brakes are fine? I take rides through the mountains almost every weekend and the handling is fine. just ask the GSXR and Buell people I ride with they are very impressed with the handling and performance of this bike. I'm always get comments on how this Bike looks so don't underestimate the curb apeal either. I would like to find out in your article how many times the V-max was outrun through the canyons or on the straights. Zero comes to mind.
2stangs69-91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:33 AM   #10
mikenomad
Founding Member

This should have been more accurately titled "A Random Group of Power Cruisers." The term "shootout" implies a competition. Obviously no effort was made to give a fair shake to the respective manufacturers, or you would have given each a shot at ponying up its strongest contender.

You mention several times (sometimes snidely) the Mean Streak's lack of power compared with the others. Why did you choose the Mean Streak over the Vulcan 2000, the obvious choice for a "shootout"?

Other bikes glaringly absent were the Honda VTX1800, Star Roadliner, Suzuki M109, and Triumph Rocket III.
mikenomad is offline   Reply With Quote