Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-19-2006, 12:50 PM   #111
2stangs69-91
Founding Member

Default Re: 2007 Power Cruiser Shootout

oops I thought they were the same brakes. Do you think Yamaha is going to change the V-max if it selling better now than when it was first built? You are correct on saying people didn't know the V-max was still built I was one of them before I bought mine LOL
2stangs69-91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2006, 01:20 PM   #112
xlntchoice
Registered Member

I'm another who doesn't mean to pile on... but it was just plain WRONG to conduct a power cruiser test without including the M109R.
xlntchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #113
ksquid
Banned

Never mind longride. He went to the same charm school in Chicago that Al Capone attended. In fact I think longride went on a Big Al scholarship.. Others have been kinder to the Max..So it could be that someone who understands the bike and is probably a better rider anyway. like you or MO Pete and Gabe or the guys over at MotorcycleUSA, would love and appreciate the V-max for what it is. Yes it probably needs a frame and styling update. But kpaul says that the V-4 is God's holy engine config. Long live the King Long live the V-Max.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:52 PM   #114
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

It is real, but somewhat less than relevant.

I'm starting to think that the vast majority of readers wanted to see how the M109 would compare. I just felt it was kind of a bummer not to see it.
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #115
stlarson
Registered Member

A HD which I actually find visually appealing, truly amazing. That price is a killer though. It looks to essentially be a naked sportbike, like HD's take on Ducati's Monster. That being said I would just save myself some cash and buy the Ducati.

How often does 'save money' and 'Ducati' end up in the same sentence?

As for the rest of the lot the Victory sure does look nice but cruisers just aren't my thing. That whole foot-forward, living room recliner feeling doesn't give me that special tingly feeling.
stlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:46 PM   #116
brax4444
Registered Member

Your comment is a flop. They are talking about a younger generation going from sport bikes to cruisers. We like things to handle well. Harleys handle like dump trucks with the exception of the V-Rod based line. (Not putting them down.)

Everyone knows that the aluminum frame in the "Yam Warrior" was impressive when it came out (still works fine) and the bike handles very well for a large displacement cruiser. It's about as big as it needs to be.

- cruiz 'murhican
brax4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:52 PM   #117
brax4444
Registered Member

lol The same word does rhyme with itself, that's true!
brax4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #118
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Dude, what are you smoking?

I am sure this makes sense at the end

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:54 PM   #119
staff
Registered Member

Default You're Anti-Semantic!

Someone call the ADL!

Gabe
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #120
staff
Registered Member

Default Some Illumination...

I actually asked Kawasaki's media relations guys which bike they thought was a better match given the parameters of the test; the Mean Streak or the Vulcan 2000. They talked it over and sent the Mean Streak.

Is that fair enough?

For the same reason we didn't order the VTX or the Rocket; they aren't made for handling. We wanted the Suzuki but couldn't obtain one in time for the test. We have schedules and deadlines and that's how it goes sometimes.

Gabe
staff is offline   Reply With Quote