Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-17-2006, 06:19 AM   #41
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: 2007 CBF1000 First Ride Report

I was rooting so hard for the Cards just cause longride is a Bears fan.. Won't matter any number of AFC teams (Buz's Chargers, my Broncos, Colts, Ravens, Bengals even) can beat the Bears.. Rex looked pretty bad... worse than Jake Plummer
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2006, 06:22 AM   #42
obandoj
Founding Member

Please Honda, do not bring that horrible, boring bomb to the american market. Please, please, please....
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:23 AM   #43
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default Formula for success

is anyone at honda monitoring industry trends? the hot commodity right now is supermoto type bikes, similar to the new triumph tiger.

so honda, here's watcha do. put an RC51 engine in a supermoto chassis, with 19-inch front wheel, top-notch kayaba suspension, streetbike tires, a bikini fairing, with about 115 horsepower at the rear wheel. presto, you're back in the hunt.

the CBF1000 would have been a great bike ... about 15 years ago. it is the highly mediocre answer to a question no one outside of bulgaria has asked.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:44 AM   #44
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Hell, I predicted this game all week. I told my son that the Bears will have a game where everything goes wrong and here it was. Every team has em. Look at McNabb and Carson Palmer. They both sucked this week and lost. Everyone gets his day in the NFL. Grossman will be fine. He's got what it takes. It's only his 13th start of his career and he's still learning. I see your buddy KNitwit already picked like 6 teams that could beat the Bears. Just hope he doesn't root for your teams. It's a death sentence. Just remember it's ALL BEARS ALL THE TIME BABY.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:49 AM   #45
nweaver
Founding Member

Default The 1000RR engine: Euro 3

The reason they started with the RR engine is simple: Euro3. The Blade engine met the spec to start with, so they had a much better starting point.

And they gutten the top end simply because, in this niche (streetbike), the only time such a bike ever uses more than 100hp is on a journalist's dyno.

Rather, they wanted "as much power as you need", with "maxmimu thrust in every gear", thus the strong strong low end.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:49 AM   #46
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I was rooting so hard for the Cards just cause longride is a Bears fan.. "

Ya think that's why they lost? I do. You rooted against the White Sox last year and they ended up World Series Champs, along with making sure Kerry never reached the WHite House. Keep up the good work, and please root for Buz's Chargers as much as possible. I'm sure he'll appreciate it.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:50 AM   #47
SmokeU
Registered Member

Not going to get rid of the Concours for this that's for sure.

One would think that if the 919 can be relatively light, this could be too, but I guess not.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:52 AM   #48
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Great job MO!

Why people buy Ducatis is that when you say fast enough ducatiducatiducati it sounds kinda Harley

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:58 AM   #49
anrajala
Founding Member

No, 7500 dollars

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:04 AM   #50
ksquid
Banned

Default More predictions by the GMP

LOL.. Tigers in 7 games, Colts will beat the Bears in the Superbowl. Broncos will win the division SD will be a wildcard. Did I miss anything.. Iraq war hero Democrat Tammy Duckworth will win a Congressional seat. Nicky Hayden will finish 3rd behind Rossi in the last MotoGP race. On last thing the Iraq war will end up costing us 1 trillion dollars eventually

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote