Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   One Fast Bird (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3993)

brax4444 10-14-2006 11:09 AM

Re: One Fast Bird

Ouch.

sliphorn 10-14-2006 11:17 AM

Mercy!

blackie-svt 10-14-2006 11:28 AM

Wow!!!

That puppy really has a strong lower end.

Love those Suzuki's!

Haru 10-14-2006 11:42 AM

I'm surprised, to be honest.

a Terry Kizer tuned Mr. Turbo ZX-11 went 252 or something over a decade ago for test in Motorcyclist magazine.

NLR systems has a Hayabusa that pulls over 600hp

for years, there have been stories of ZX-11s and Hayabusa with over 500hp at the rear wheel.

so if its taken over a decade to go from a 252mph ZX-11 to a 260mph Hayabusa, when that there are more powerful hayabusas around, I get the feeling that nobody was trying hard enough.

perhaps that 252mph ZX-11 wasn't an official run so nobody bothered chasing it. But frankly, with that bike in my mind and with all the 500hp hayabusas around, I am impressed with this 260mph bike, but I am not buying that its as big a deal as MO is telling us.

Aero_Doc 10-14-2006 11:55 AM

Ok so its scary quick... but how fast can it go around corners? :)

I saw "The Worlds Fastest Indian" last week - so when are we going to see the documovie on this baby..

priday 10-14-2006 12:39 PM

Terminal speed in the Mile.... Not absolute top end....

2 different tests.

anrajala 10-14-2006 12:52 PM

Its about a bloody time somebody produces a a bone stock cruiser with a decent engine. Doesn´t have to go around corners fast, or go 200 MPH, but must be able to cruise nicely – and when twisting the handle must be able to give that ABSOLUTE VERTIGO FEELING

- cruiz-euro

getbrian 10-14-2006 03:07 PM

Re: One Fast Bird for Sale..

For sale? How much?

Z1chopper 10-14-2006 03:13 PM

Just rockin. Congratulations to all who participated in the record.

BUT watch out for the ZX14. It could come sneaking in and speed past that record before you know it.

Steve

Haru 10-14-2006 03:17 PM

ah, I got so absorbed by the "fastest open wheel motorcycle" thing, I dazed for the "one mile" thing.

still, even as a 1 mile thing, I think its mostly because no one was really trying. In my view the performance community has been so focused on dyno numbers (bikes that aren't even ridable running in contests), and on 1/4 mile performance, that nobody's invested the time and resources to focus on this thing. Since 475whp is not nearly at the leading edge of what these bikes are putting down, my guess is, anyone with the interest could have done this.

my suspicion is unchanged, which is that this is not something that other people were all desperately trying for and these guys succeeded where others didn't. I think just enough people weren't trying.