Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #21
ksquid
Banned

Default Motorcyclist rag proves seruzawa wrong (again)

seruzawa go buy the November issue. Turn to page 62. Notice no talk about clogged roads full of RVs.. Your Utah propaganda won't change the fact that Colorado has 50+ 14,000 ft. mountain peaks, 50 mountain passes, numerous canyon roads like Boulder, Poudre, Big Thompson, etc. So you guys who want to ride some really twisty roads in God's country head to Colorado next year. Don't believe seruzawa's BS about RV traffic...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2006, 06:34 PM   #22
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: 2007 Yamaha R1 Revealed

R6 wins the AMA supersport, 2nd in FX and 2nd in WSS not bad.. But styling wise that R6 back end is terse. However, the new Honda MotoGP bike is built the same way... Maybe someday bikes won't have passenger seats... Of course where are all those 20 something guys gonna put their small butt girl friends (with the halters and shorts but they do where full face helmets) Think I want that low end torque of the R1 vs the R6 since I just went north of 200 pounds... Plus I be racing longride and his busa this summer
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:33 PM   #23
staff
Registered Member

Default Hmmmm

You don't get out much, do you?

-Gabe
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:40 PM   #24
gforces
Founding Member

Yes, that's what I was referring to--how about a big bang 4 with 240hp that costs 30k? That undercuts the Duc GP bike and I'm sure there'll be droves of people selling the family jewels to get their hands on one
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:03 PM   #25
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: Any word on other model updates?

Didn't you read all the way through our magnificent piece of literature of a report?

Yes, Yamaha has apparently refined the fueling, hopefully getting rid of that little throttle glitch.

The only "changes" to the FJR1300, was the mention of an additional color. You can see it in the photos at the bottom of the story.--MO
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:06 PM   #26
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcyclist rag proves seruzawa wrong (again)

i missed the beginning of this, but this seems like the most jackass fight you've ever picked, which is saying something, and how. Who has the best mountains, Colorado or Utah, and HURRR look some magazine not fit to wrap fish in proves you wrong and HURRR you watch foxnews and o'really. jesus tapdancing christ.

You know what's stupid? Someone who lives somewhere where there is a mountain, or maybe in some city, or possibly there is a lake nearby or a forest, who acts like they built it all with their own two hands and can't stfu about it. That's stupider than a sack of retarded hammers, or something. I'm having a stupid attack just contemplating it.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:06 PM   #27
stlarson
Registered Member

That R1 frame is amazing, there is hardly anything to it. It looks so light and wispy that you could just toss it over your shoulder as if it were nothing.

I'd like to see them strip the fairing off that R6 and let loose a fierce naked.
stlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:26 AM   #28
KLRer
Founding Member

FZ6 has always been a great looking bike imo but plagued with lousy reviews, mainly due to sluggish response until wound up. I'm wondering, though, whether some people might like it that way. Might make sense to ride a bike thats manageable around town yet has a little zip when needed on the highway.
KLRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:02 AM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

If riding skills remained the same over the last 15 years(and they certainly have, or even declined) the 'pretty significant difference' in performance is meaningless, as the riders probably go slower overall with all that power than they did 15 years ago. They now just hit things harder on the street, as they gather more velocity before the crash. Looks like all the dopes that bought last years' model have to throw the magazines away, as theirs will not have bragging rights at the Burger Barn this year. Sounds like a bummer to me.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:17 AM   #30
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Motorcyclist rag proves seruzawa wrong (again)

"You know what's stupid?"

Ummmmmmmm.........let me think..........is this a trick question??????