Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #131
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: They're Out to Get You

OK give me the links
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #132
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: On the contary my poor misguided friend

So Schizuki, you think this Iraq thing was a smart move?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:38 PM   #133
anrajala
Founding Member

A biker friend of mine had one of them three wheelers. In a fast curve in the bushes he did the bike thing and helped with a leg. Which was promptly caught by the rear wheel and nearly ripped off. Three months in a bed. Sell the bloody thing.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #134
peter_anon
Registered Member

I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride my motorsycle.

Though pickles do have a lot of salt, which might lead to increased blood pressure, which might lead to hardening of the arteries, which might lead to a heart attack, which might lead to a great expense to the United States of Insurance, which--

Aw, crap, I'll take that pickle anyway and then go for a ride on my motorsycle.

peter_anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #135
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I would decide to wait till evening to look at E-mails. I think the article was in Scientific American. It apparently involved drilling deeper than they ever had before.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #136
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

You left out the best line!

Don't want to die, just wanna ride my motor cy-------cul.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #137
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Defending kpaul

I'm not sure of the order of the posts, but I'm pretty sure we have all been called a twit, an A-hole, or a doofus by now. It's been a real fun pie fight, but what has any of this got to do with whether motorcycles are a target or not?
Old 10-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #138
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Defending kpaul

Good point.. Thanks
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:18 PM   #139
Rekord
Founding Member

Default Re: uhhhh.......

Quote: "And yes, we need their research, but it sure would be nice for the scientists to stop trying to scare everyone with the hype"

Hype ? Hype doesn't bring grant money. Hype is made by the media (and they have no idea what they are talking about) in order to sell their product.

And yes, I have written grants. They are decided by your peers and experts in the same field (if it is about diabetes then it will be judged by experts in diabetes, if it is genetics by geneticists). So BS has no chance of survival. And FYI after 2001 a LOT of research money has been cut, at least in the field that I was working on (diabetes, SLE, genetics, hypertension).

And if someone in your family or your friends would have any of the three diseases that I mentioned you will know a little more about what "need" actually means.
Rekord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:46 AM   #140
christian_gates
Founding Member

I liked the part about pedestrians being in more danger per mile traveled than motorcyclists. The part about global warming, eh, not so much.

The attempt to demonize bikes, by the way, is exactly the same method that has been used to force other bizarre and unusual laws on us - 55 MPH speed limits, mandatory air bags (as if I need or want airbags), mandatory stability control, blah blah blah - I don't want safety features. I want a light, good handling car and I want to pay enough attention to what I'm doing so that I don't get in an accident.

This is a much more proximally dangerous issue than so-called human-induced global warming, if there is such a thing and if it is meaningful (there could be and it might be, but I'm skeptical).

If you don't agree with me, go read about Mt. Pinatubo in the Phillipines - it's effects on the environment, temperature and the like were dramatic and almost immediate - forgot about "0.5 degrees warming in the past fifty years" - try "0.5 degrees cooling, in a handful of DAYS". I couldn't find stats on CO2 emissions, but there were substantial.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote