Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-08-2001, 09:02 AM   #1
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

Default Re: Diadora Reader Feedback

Interested? Sure...soon as they show up at SportsmansGuide.com for half price
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2001, 09:03 AM   #2
Dryfly
Registered Member

Too short for me!
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 09:39 AM   #3
static
Founding Member

The Sidi Champions are a comparable model that is slightly taller than the diadora yet is still shorter than standard sport boots; you still get some shin protection, and they are still comfortable for commuting in warmer weather.
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 09:50 AM   #4
Poser
Founding Member

What are the taller boots that the review mentioned?
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 02:18 PM   #5
Aerosmithe
Founding Member

Well, unless there are two companies named Diadora who make footwear, then these boots are made by the same company who makes top of the line soccer cleats. Their soccer cleats were literally first rate, though the price was as high as their quality. Hopefully these boots are built to the same standards.
Aerosmithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 03:12 PM   #6
MC
Founding Member

Default Re: Question

I was looking for a boot that would provide solid protection for commuting a couple of days a week and are comfortable enough not to require a change of shoe once I got to the office

Well, are they?

I'm wondering how big/bulky/heavy they seem during a day at the office. How about temperature, do they keep your feet too hot during the day? Etc, etc...

I think boots like this are a good idea. I don't think I could get away with wearing some Sidi Vertebra's at the office, and I don't have the money or space to keep/haul an extra set of shoes everywhere I ride to, but I still want some decent weather resistant foot/ankle protection, etc.

These are a bit pricy, but then again so is everything else motorcycle related. Oh well. Maybe I'll look for a pair like these once my current commuter boots wear out.

- MC
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 04:30 PM   #7
Tiny
Founding Member

What about those of us that have extra wide feet?

And don't want to spend the money for custom
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 10:51 PM   #8
wheat
Founding Member

Sigh, yet another nice looking european boot that fits exactly one size of ankle & calf. Sidi makes some wonderful boots, but they are all meant for muscle mass challenged beanpoles.

I wear Frey Daytona boots, which are adjustable across the rear of the boot. Made in Germany. Love em.
wheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 02:39 AM   #9
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

Or just extra-large (15 American, 50 Euro, occasionally a 14/48 if they're cut big). I'd feel like a total dork wearing basketball shoes everywhere, and Doc Martens are too clunky and bulky for proper control manipulation, but I wonder sometimes if those aren't my only realistic choices. Local selection happens to suck, too.

Pardon the irritation. I just had to shovel yet another half-foot of snow out of my driveway already this morning.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 04:39 AM   #10
tshelver
Registered Member

Guess I'll stick with my Timberlands. They provide a wide size, and are reasonably waterproof.

I will NOT buy a boot that does not provide a wide size, and Italian-styled boots tend to be narrower than most.

I don't need a boot to wear around the office: I commute 250 miles, in variable weather, and therefore use hard saddlebags to carry the requisite gear.

Otherwise, these could have been an attractive buy for the city commuter. The features look good, and the price is not too bad (by motorcycle footwear standards).

tshelver is offline   Reply With Quote