Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-29-2006, 05:44 PM   #41
sv1000rider
Founding Member

Default Re: Big, Naked and Beautiful: Open-Class Standards 2006

I'd like to make a correction to your story. You said,

"...it's easy to see why this bike has been popular for so long."

Well, the SV1000 has not been a poplular bike and that's the way we SV1000 owners would like to keep it! :P
sv1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2006, 06:47 PM   #42
docflash
Registered Member

nice article. i've ridden all of these bikes in the last 4 or 5 months, after my bmw r1100rsl started having problems and i starting shopping for a new bike.

in addition to the above, i rode a honda superkawk, triumph speed triple, aprilia tuono, ducati multistrada, bmw k1200r, suzuki sv1000, buell lightning, and some others whose name escapes me.

i was a little suprised how closely the conclusions of most of the testers were in line with my feelings about the bikes. i didn't think i was that perceptive.

of all the above, i ended up getting a tuono (the z1000 was a close second). tho' the tuono's absurdly tall for me (i'm five four and a half) it feel so light i treat it like a giant dirt bike. the motor is incredible, producing more oomph in sixth than my beemer does in fourth. handling feels like a bicycle - it goes where i think.

and since the bmw's now fixed, i have a bike with abs and hot grips for cold, rainy commutes and with bags for long trips. and i've got the tuono for everything else.

i couldn't be happier.

flash gordon md / docflash dot com / san francisco ca

"in theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. but in practice, there is."

(more quotes at website, above)
Old 08-29-2006, 08:38 PM   #43
gforces
Founding Member

Read the title of the article--perhaps your brain is aerodynamic too.
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:57 PM   #44
ksquid
Banned

gforces it's kind of inside joke i.e the SV, Concours and VFR are the holy trinity of MO. If you get the joke its funny..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:09 PM   #45
ksquid
Banned

Default Tom Cruise is looking for a job

Hey if you wanted a Triple I am sure Tom could get ya one and help you test it.. All I need is a weeks notice I can be there to test. Seriously great review.. Yamaha seems to have it's act together inspite of Burns i.e. they have a limited product line but hit all the sweet spots. There is some rhyme and reason to their product offering. Once again the Buell's engine and tranny keep it from the winner's circle.. Makes you wonder if the HD brass (GPTB members as well) know how close the Buell is to being a hit... We can put a man on the moon but we can't build a decent V-Twin and tranny?

In the looks department Buz's Brutale and the Monster still are the best looking.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:12 PM   #46
ksquid
Banned

Get a Speed Triple or Monster this time.. Remember us married guys live vicariously via your exploits.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:18 PM   #47
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Buell Info

You haven't had any problems have you? No foul rear plug? No breaking mounts? etc. I love the big Firebolt.. still leary about reliabilty. How about maintenance intervals? etc. The self adjusting valves and EFI are big positives for me..
Old 08-29-2006, 09:26 PM   #48
The_Boy
Registered Member

Default Re: Buell Info

FYI Cityx's get around 38mpg flat out... (don't ask me how I know)
The_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:33 PM   #49
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Default Re: A Cool Short for the Short of Inseam

This is a sore subject for me seeing as some of my favourite bikes are literally out of reach.

If you exclude cruisers, most manufacturers have one bike and one bike only that I can ride. Some, like KTM, don't even have that one. Whole classes of bikes are completely out of reach (adventure tourers, MX, SM) in some cases.

Seeing as I'm pretty close to the women's average height (5'6"), that means about 5% of the men and at least half the women are in the same boat as I am - pick a cruiser, any cruiser, as long as it is a cruiser.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:23 PM   #50
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I fail to understand why EVERY motorcycle is not compared, in some way, to the VFR, which is, at least sometimes, the best all around motorcycle on the planet. Perhaps this will give gforces some idea of the morass into which he has fallen. Welcome to Hell, buddy.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote