Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-24-2006, 05:39 AM   #91
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: 2007 Kawasaki Z1000 Sneak Preview

The F117 is more like this with sharp angles. The B2 looks like a 60's sci-fi spaceship, except without the whirly noise. When they fly over you barely hear them, kinda eirie
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2006, 06:08 AM   #92
sarnali
Founding Member

The V Rod is a nice engine, I think a Street Rod is about the best HD's putting out. I think for fun bikes the 1200 R Sporty and the XB9SX along with the Street Rod are on par with anything else out there.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:34 AM   #93
anrajala
Founding Member

I agree that Vreamer has a nice engine, as in "nice looking". However, would the Japanese release a power cruiser engine that would be beaten by a 20 year old H-D model, throughout the RPM range? And make it heavier? Hard to believe. Anyways, whatever floats your boat.

This "on par with anything else out there", well, there are people out there who think dyno charts are pictures of dinosaurs.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:04 AM   #94
seruzawa
The Toad

I saw a B-2 on the runway a few months back. It taxied out to the end (a couple miles away) and when it turned 90 degrees it simply disappeared. Amazing. We stood and looked for it to take off but the freakin' thing is so danged hard to see that it wasn't visible again until it was airborne and less than a mile away. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

Well, it better work as advertised at $2 billion each!
Old 08-24-2006, 08:30 AM   #95
anrajala
Founding Member

I could think couple of other reasons also adding for Rune´s worth, like power and torq. I admit they are pretty abstract and thus can´t be regarded as important as some more concrete ones such as "legend" and "heritage". Elvis also had a H-D. Unfortunately we don´t know whether it was the fat Elvis or the young Elvis.

- cruiz-euro

Old 08-24-2006, 09:36 AM   #96
bluesman_ip
Founding Member

I know hundreds of people who dreaming about Rune and not even looking at HD. I know hundreds of people who dreaming about HD and not looking at Rune. I would not ride any cruiser - HD or Jap for life unless you will tie me and strap to it. Diversity of opinions moving life, otherwise it'll be boring Adding IMO to comment isn't hurting anybody?

I personally think that from design point of view Rune is great and no doubt it is hundred years more advanced technically than HD. BTW it was almost fully designed by same guy who customizing your favorite H-Ds. But then it is my point of view.
bluesman_ip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:56 AM   #97
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Okay.....

You never have enough of them. If you are gay you want more of them. If you are not gay, you want more of them because then there would be more chicas for you.

Problem with today´s youth is a complete lack of very basic maths.

- cruiz-euro
Old 08-24-2006, 12:18 PM   #98
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Ah, yes. - The Universally Loved Duc 999 bears that out exactly - looks nothing like anime, shares grundles of design cues with the 996............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #99
Tigercub
Founding Member

Are they up to 2 already?!?
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:59 PM   #100
unklsckness
Founding Member

I am owner if 03 model Black beauty and when I got the bike I wasn't to crazy about the old pipes. Swapped them out for a pair of Muzzy slip-ons. What is so funny is when I got the bike everyone was telling me I was crazy because how it looks. Only naked I would have to say probably looks better is the Tuono. But I get the most stares with compliments amongst the GX'ers, CBR's and my FZ riding buddy sorry FZ-1 dudes. This bike made all the others up the ainty on there nakeds when everyone was comfortable. My biggest complaint is th buzzzzzzz in my footbeg and in the clutch lever. Other than that the bike handles great and has enough power for me . With regards to the looks depart on Kawys you either love them or leave them. But I will have to say they are truely putting an effort to refine there bikes with power and handling.
unklsckness is offline   Reply With Quote