Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-10-2006, 10:48 AM   #31
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Default Re: Victory Early '07 Line-Up

They seem willing to move in a new direction, if they can just find one. Didn't Victory have another concept vehicle about a year ago ... looked like a mini-van on 2 wheels ? Sooner or later they just might come up with something novel and not so ugly.

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2006, 11:12 AM   #32
mikenomad
Founding Member

Victory is definitely on the right track. If they keep up their current rate of growth, they'll double in size every three years.

Even the Toyota and Honda car divisions haven't grown that fast, and look where they are compared with GM, Ford, and Chrysler.
mikenomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:01 PM   #33
oldtim
Founding Member

Very nice, and the orange paint on the Hammer is hot. I have to wonder though, how many V-twin cruizers do we need?
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #34
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Victory Vegas

Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #35
ptarman
Registered Member

In regards to the proposed luxury touring models, I'd vote for Option 1, but agree with Neal that the rear treatment needs work. If I ever *buy* a luxury cruiser, I seriously doubt it will have a V-twin, but of those four, the first treatment is the only one that piques my interest.

Phil Tarman

Ft. Morgan, CO

'99 Kawasaki Concours "Tumbleweed"

COG, CDA, IBA
Colorado AAD
'99 Concours "TumbleToo\"
CDA #0016
IBA # 5811: SS1000, BB1500
ptarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #36
LTCUSARET
Registered Member

Option A -- Too much BMW R1200CS

Obtion B -- That top trunk come with a video camera for rearward vision?

Option C -- Might be the closest

Option D -- Not the machine for two up touring. The saddle looks like something out of Pimp My Bike Buildoff Garage

Geezer or not, we need something unique, stylish, comfortable, and can carry two with comfort or storage. Otherwise we'll be traveling alone, and not as far.
LTCUSARET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #37
rsk173
Founding Member

you want new and improved in the cruiser market? how about better engine and brakes in that 'same old boring' cruiser mold that sells more than any other style of motorcycle?
rsk173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:55 PM   #38
Auphliam
Founding Member

If you really believeVictory has nothing to offer and Harley is doing this better, you have never been close enought to wiff a Vic. Why don't you try to just speak of what you know? The boards would have alot less clutter.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:05 AM   #39
Auphliam
Founding Member

Yeah, with all the rumors flying about the KTM/Polaris get together, I was hoping Victory would come out with some kind of sport model this year. If nothing else, at least a standard.

Oh well, their 100/6 kills every other crusier on the market today, especially anything made by that one in Milwaukee (if anyone doubts this go test drive a Hammer), so I guess they're gonna wring that out for awhile.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:20 AM   #40
iamz
Founding Member

Have to agree with longride on this one. I would add this though; the Victory bikes are way overstyled to the point of just being silly. They look like something I would expect a clown to ride at the circus.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote