Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-01-2006, 01:07 PM   #11
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Aprilia SXV and RXV New Model Introduction

definitely the direction i think the future is going. 180-mph crotch rockets eventually become somewhat impractical for most of us as we amble toward the rocking chair, but not everybody is ready to drink the cruiser kool-aid. Not to mention as Big Bro's speed enforcement tools grow ever more ubiquitous on the road...

Actually 8K seems like a bargain next to the $13K KTM wants for its new 950. Why the big difference? 5K for street legality seems like a lot.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

There are still plenty of IT490s and such around out there to scarf up. Since I only ride for fun I see no reason to switch to the realtively poor performing/hi-maintenance 4 strokes.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #13
staff
Registered Member

Default Cosmo Kramer...

Has nothing to do with Aprilia, not to worry. Piaggio Group is running the show now, and they did a pretty professional job of things. I'd expect Aprilia to be a solid brand that will be around for a long time.
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:40 PM   #14
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Cosmo Kramer...

You mean if I order a clutch cable I won't have to wait until 144 other people order one too?

Gadzooks, a new chapter in Italian parts ordering...
Old 08-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #15
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Not to mention they race 450cc 4 strokes in the 250 class. That should tell you something.

I relate that to my riding buddies who've all gone from open class 2 strokes to electric start 4 strikers. 'Specially after a long section of open desert.

You can pry the CR500 out of my cold dead hands...
Old 08-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #16
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: It's the orange paint.

..and the legend of Pavel Rulev...
Old 08-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #17
johnnyb
Founding Member

and now it's time to climb into the wayback machine with Miss Cuddy yet again... where u come UP with this stuff alla time? warped i tell u...
Old 08-01-2006, 02:10 PM   #18
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Sherman set the wayback to 1974, where we'll interview Adolph Weil and his forward mounted Konis...
Old 08-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #19
johnnyb
Founding Member

U probably remember exactly what u were doing when first Yamaha Monocross was unveiled in some super Hunky magazine don't u? Actually i remember that it was, ah, some drugstore.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:12 PM   #20
iamz
Founding Member

Default How many hours/miles...

of life can you expect from these before the entire top end needs a rebuild????? 100 hours? 6000 miles? Sorry if you answered in the article. I'll get around to reading it this weekend.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote