Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-29-2006, 05:12 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Passing Etiquette

Why don't you come meet me in downtown Gary and find out?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2006, 05:12 AM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Most riders are polite

I had a similar incident while lanesplitting through Hollywood last winter. I was doing my ususal 25 mph thru slowed/stopped traffic when suddenly I heard open drag pipes. I looked in my mirror and saw some clown in a do-rag and apehangers about 6" from my rear tire. I pulled to the right at the next opportunity and he blew past missing me by no more than two inches and continued lane splitting at at least 50mph. I doubt he has more that a couple inches of clearance between the lines of cars and SUVs on that fat pig of a bike.

What a fool. Soon to be another statistic, if not already. But he really showed how superior he was to that japcrap owner, didn't he? Moron.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:33 AM   #23
jhinton
Registered Member

While most BMW riders that I know usually use their bikes for solo touring and commuting, this is not always the case. My BMW club has a group ride once a month. We usually get between 5 to 10 bikes a do a 150 to 300 mile loop through some of the more remote and twisty roads in the area.
jhinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:46 AM   #24
sarnali
Founding Member

I just work my way through them without getting too dramatic. I can't for the life of me see the fun in dorking along at 5 mph below the speed limit with a large group of riders but whatever flips their switches I guess.

I make sure if I have to pass them in their lane I give them a very wide berth and ease on past instead of smoking them and be on my merry way but I do what it takes to get around. I've had some dirty looks is about all but plonking along like a pack of Shriners at a Vegas convention isn't my idea of fun and it's rude to block the road like that.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:05 AM   #25
davidhaner
Founding Member

Intentionally insulting bigdx like this will only cause trouble.
davidhaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:24 AM   #26
wayback
Founding Member

It looks like morons is a pretty accurate nickname for most of you. There are other forums where dumba** replys are part of the routine, so how about going there when you just gotta puke out your nonsense. When someone here has an honest question and you haven't got an honest answer, how about if you just keep your mouth shut. The rest of us have to put up with you nitwits on the street so give it a rest here would ya'. As for you teapotdome, I think sarnali's pretty much got the right answer.
wayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:56 PM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

It's really none of your business who says what. Who appointed you the forum nanny? I know I didn't. As far as responses, I'll respond any way I like, and any time I like. I'm sure nobody, including me, gives a flying f&ck what you think.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:32 PM   #28
obandoj
Founding Member

LOL
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:32 PM   #29
obandoj
Founding Member

Amen
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:36 PM   #30
Preacher-Tim
Registered Member

You don't live around here, obviously.

I know a number of riders in this area who would put a bullet in your back for a stunt like that (not that I would approve of such a reaction, but facts are facts -- and they are not very nice people anyway).

You would think there are better ways to handle things. Of course, you *COULD* be pulling our legs.

Preacher-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote