Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-17-2006, 05:44 AM   #81
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Not odd at all Gabezilla

The fan can run when the bike is off to aid in cooling. When you turn the key to the on position the fan cuts out so all the juice can be directed toward the starter motor.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2006, 05:03 PM   #82
staff
Registered Member

Default Good Question...

And one I pondered while riding the Ulysses. I even told Erik Buell it reminded me of the KTM. He kind of made a little sniffing sound and wrinkled his nose.

The answer is probably pretty predictable; the KTM has a lighter, quicker, snappier feel and is more fun in the corners. The Buell is much more comfy and versatile, I think. Especially two-up. I think it would also prove to be less of a headache ownership wise.

For my money I;d go with the Buell. No, the KTM. No, the Buell. They're both pretty freakin' fun! But in the long run, I think the Buell would be a better day-after-day bike.

I hope that is helpful!

Gabe
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:38 AM   #83
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default Re: Good Question...

pretty much what i expected. thanks, gabe.

since i already have a touring bike, i've got the two-up, touring thing covered. and since i live in the bay area i have access to a couple of really excellent KTM dealerships, making day-to-day ownership of the katoom less difficult.

so i'm still faced with a tough choice.

errrrr ... which one does better wheelies?
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:49 AM   #84
sliphorn
Registered Member

Default oil capacity

I've noticed the Buell motor holds one quart less oil than the other H-D motors. Does this concern any of you gear head types? Probably be a good idea to change the oil a little more frequently as compared to the other H-D motors. What say you gearheads?
sliphorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:17 AM   #85
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Chain Drive on XB-RR?

What's up with that? Is the chain better for high-performance applications?

If the claim about driveline losses for belt drive is true, then what's the story? MO readers want to know!

Oh, and KP, the RC-51 is liquid cooled, so its displacement would have to be reduced dramatically.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 04:29 PM   #86
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default WTF???

what happened to this string? it seems to have reverted to an earlier version. or is it just my wretched system?
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote