Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #61
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 675, dood...

The D675 competes directly with the Japanese 600/636s and wins convincingly. I wish you could have been here to ride them all back-to-back.

The Triumph, weighs the same, makes the same power, costs the same and handles as well or even a little better. 750 twin = 675 triple = 600 I4. There aren't too many AMA Pro racers on this board, but quite a few club racers and in club racing the 675 is legal and very very fast. On the street it offers everything the other 600s offer, plus extra torque and a way cooler sound.

In general, there's no doubt that Triumph bikes are two steps behind the Japanese, but in the 675's case they're a full-step ahead.

-Sean

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2006, 11:50 AM   #62
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Firebolts, Lightnings and an XB-RR

I prefer women to girls Buz...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:54 AM   #63
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 675, dood...

I disagree about the D675. It very effectively competes with the Japanese 600s without taking them on from the front.

I do agree that Triumph is more of a niche company, but they absolutely compete with the Japanese and are doing a good job of it. They offer bikes that that are a little different than the Japanese paradigm but they fill the same roles.

Sprint or VFR or FJR? Rocket III or M109R or VTX 1800 or Vulcan 2000? S3 or Z1000 or FZ-1 or 919? etc., etc. These are buying decisions that customers are making. And I would have to assume that most Triumph buyers were also considering one of the Japanese bikes along with European bikes.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:28 PM   #64
Buzglyd
Founding Member

The only real difference is that with girls you can have sex with the lights on.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 05:15 PM   #65
sv1000rider
Founding Member

Default Re: This is a good point.

I ride to have a good, fast time. ;^) I'm a diehard twin lover. The sound, the torque, and the relative exclusivity make owning and riding a V or L twin a true joy. And the Buell wins hands down in the menacing looks dept. In fact, some fellas on the SV1000 forum have been emulating the looks of the Buells: http://www.sv1000.zyns.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=38

I call bikes poseur bikes when they can't back up their looks. IMHO (and believe me, I WANT to love the Buells) the menacing looks of Buells aren't enough for me to pony up 10 large. But I completely agree with your philosophy about riding to have a good time. Those of us in that category could care less about the inane internet rantings about how a person's bike is better than someone else's bike. I feel pretty confident that most Buell-lovers have quit reading my drivel. Good for them! Enjoying the ride, whatever it is, is what's important.
sv1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 06:10 PM   #66
ksquid
Banned

LOL you're shallow man shallow
Old 07-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #67
ksquid
Banned

With that logic Buells would win MotoGP but they can't complete an AMA race where they have huge CC advantage.. Corvette enginess are more modern than you think .. liquid cooled, alumunin, etc...
Old 07-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #68
ksquid
Banned

anytime pal anytime...Come to Seattle..
Old 07-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #69
Wambo
Founding Member

I guess I'll never understand why so many want to radically change Buell into what everyone else is doing. They are not like the other bikes out there for a reason. If you get it, you shouldn't be let down with a year of fine-tuning to be the best that they can be as Buells. I don't want a V-rod engine or I-4 in my Buell, because it wouldn't be a Buell according to Erik. I like the V-twin engine that I can roll on or off the throtte for cornering without shifting up and down, or the great torque to fly on the streets (not the track). If you want it to be something else, go buy some other manufacturer's bike that fits what you really want and be satisfied. Otherwise be happy with your Buell or own more than one bike to be happy in having it all (like I'm trying to ). There is nothing wrong with other bikes, just different focus. The Buell is the most fun bike I've ridden. Period. YMMV.

Wambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:41 PM   #70
johnnyquest
Registered Member

I'm still waiting to demo a Buell lightning (my local dealer won't offer demos). I really like the design ideas and the low maintenance/high mpg aspect. With that said I totally agree with you, I don't know why everyone talks about what they would change on the Buells. I don't hear everyone screaming for a honda I-4 to be dropped into a Ducati, or a suzuki v-twin to be dropped into a Triumph. I hope to demo a Buell sometime in the next year as well as a Ducati Monster 1000 ds. If neither of those work for me perhaps I'll stick with BMW and get an F800st....although that bike would be perfect with an on-its-side in-line triple like my K75s......just kidding.

JQ