Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-05-2001, 12:08 PM   #61
Dryfly
Registered Member

Default Re: Moral Argument Is Overshadowing Poor Content!!!

Please don't let your wife take the kids to buy groceries! I would hate to think that they might see some partial breast shots plastered on the front of the mags @ the check out stand.
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2001, 01:01 PM   #62
motorpsyche
Founding Member

Default AMEN!

I couldn't agree more with you. The naked human form is nothing at all to be ashamed of or shocked at seeing in public. If some of these same prudes had sense to wear the proper clothing while riding a motorcycle and allow people to bare their skin in non-riding situations, we would all be better for it. As an American, I can say without prejudice that our American society really has its priorities screwed up.
motorpsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 03:24 PM   #63
Dryfly
Registered Member

Default Re: London Show Feedback

Looks like the crybabies got their way. Thanks for changing the picture, I was soooooo offended.
Old 03-05-2001, 04:37 PM   #64
Dryfly
Registered Member

What if the women who read MO actually like looking at other women. Now there's a wonderful thought!
Old 03-05-2001, 04:41 PM   #65
Dryfly
Registered Member

Hey, did anyone ever give some thought to which issue of Sports Illustrated has the highest sale rate? I'll rest my case!!
Old 03-05-2001, 08:21 PM   #66
grimey
Founding Member

eh...if you don't wanna see it, then turn off auto image load on your browser
grimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 11:18 AM   #67
YZFThundercat
Founding Member

MO I can't believe you sold out to a couple of whiney @ss f@gs about having a babe (who seems to enjoy what she does) on the opening page. Why is it that the minority always win? What about the majority of your viewers who enjoy a good looking girl?

Well I'm digusted about the picture on the opening page. That bike is to sexy......
YZFThundercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 02:30 PM   #68
msyverson
Founding Member

Agreed!!! MO, your site is one of the best online motorcycle sites on the net. I check out the site almost daily and always like what I have to see.

I am a little disappointed that you crumbled (or conformed) to the demands of a few people.

I realize that there are people out there who are offended by certain things. This shouldn't be one of them. You have a choice of not clicking on a link if it offends you. That is a freedom that cannot be taken away.

MO, please don't to the few peoples wishes and sacrifice your integrity.
msyverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 05:15 PM   #69
Dryfly
Registered Member

Do you know how many posts there were before this one? "69" hee, hee, hee.
Old 03-08-2001, 06:14 AM   #70
snave
Founding Member

Good Lord! So much vitriol about a little provocative flesh...

Good job Glenn didn't get an invite to the Fashion Show on the Thursday evening or else he'd have steamed up his lens irrevocably and this thread would have exploded under the weight of objections to stark naked male and female models running about on scooters...

Or maybe that's WHY he didn't get an invite (That'll teach him not to come and say hello to me when I saw him on press day..!)

Oh, and before we get too lost in all this sexist, misogynist crap, let's also mention that during the course of the Show, more than 2,000 people got their first taste of two wheels on the Try-A-Bike experience in Halls adjacent to the main show hall.

That's more than four times as many as at the International Motorcycle Show at the NEC and indicative of the REAL area of growth in the UK `motorcycle` market.

It's all about scooters, baybee...

Simon Evans
snave is offline   Reply With Quote