Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-05-2001, 07:10 AM   #51
hamatsu
Founding Member

Default Re: London Show Feedback

Man, did this turn into a "God save me, I've seen womens flesh" thread. I hope that those of you that were opposed to the pictures of the women never pick up Superbike magazine. It's a UK magazine. You would pass out, fall and bump your paranoid little noggin'.

As far as letting your kids see this page....uhm...if you notice the poll up there in the right hand corner. Have your kids ever asked you what blowing a goat is all about ? I can't, for the life of me, figure out why we Americans are so uptight about the human body. Lighten up or go to another site to view bikes......please. I have a 5 year old son that realizes what the human body is about. We live in Florida, so he's seen his share of flesh on the beach. I think it's better to talk to your kids about these sort of things before they hear it on the playground at school and then come home and ask you what a is. And guess what..my little guy goes to a Catholic school and knows what a vagina is. Scary, no ? It's called education.
hamatsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2001, 07:14 AM   #52
hamatsu
Founding Member

Default Re: should have read...

Coming home and asking you what a pu$$y is was deleted. Censorship....aaaarrrgghhhhh !
hamatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 08:43 AM   #53
YZFThundercat
Founding Member

Great article and great pictures.
YZFThundercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:04 AM   #54
spikedlemon
Founding Member

Default Content?

What ever happened to content?

This looks closer to something I do when I go to a show - shoot 5 pics of something interesting and spend the rest of the time daydreaming about owning some of the bikes.

This aticle tells us.... there were bikes there, there were biker babes, it was in London.... that's it.
spikedlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:29 AM   #55
Zionist
Founding Member

I definately think the bikes are degrading the women.
Zionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 10:57 AM   #56
FLSTF
Founding Member

I'm a member of the more not less school when it comes to women. I do not find anything about a scantily clad women offensive, quite the contrary it makes me glad to be alive!!! I can promise you if nature didn't work this way, we wouldn't all be here. I believe that as men we should enjoy and appreciate women in all of their varieties.
FLSTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 11:09 AM   #57
HankMurphy
Founding Member

Default Moral Argument Is Overshadowing Poor Content!!!

I have kids. They use the Internet. We go to church. I know this stuff is out there, that my kids are exposed to it, and most of the other points raised in this thread. But I would still prefer that the pictures of babes be kept in the "Breakin' The Law" section, or somewhere off the immediate entrance. That way those who would prefer not to have these sorts of images in their home have some control over it, while the presumably consenting adults who want to see them still can. There is room for a reasonable compromise here -- just remember that many of us have kids and we would like to be able to look at motorcycle.com while they are in the room.

I am not urging censorship -- just be responsible about how and where you put the titillating pictures.

However...This is the third straight show article on motorcycle.com which has had very poor coverage (Cycle World Long Beach, Ally Pally, and now the o2o show). This one, in particular, seems to have really dumped content in favor of bikinis. Although that may not be fair, since there weren't any bikini-clad models that I remember at the Long Beach show, and you didn't have the chance. But the show articles are always shorter than your road tests, even there is more information for more riders in a show report than in a road test for a class of bike that one has no interest in buying.

In comparison...I did my own report on the Long Beach show in my spare time...see

http://home.earthlink.net/~hmurphy/MCShow.html

While I know this will probably disappoint many sportbike and Harley riders because I didn't concentrate on those genres, it's a lot closer to what www.motorcycle.com should be doing if they want to set the standard for motorcycle show reporting.

HankMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 11:14 AM   #58
lesanto
Founding Member

Default Re: naked flesh???

this is right off the motorcycle thread...

but not putting starvation or ecology into the moral catagory perhaps explains much about your state of mind.

To me a child starving, needlessly, to death is far more immoral than one catching sight of a girl in a bikini... If a few more people in the world agree, then maybe our kids do have a future after all.
lesanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 11:27 AM   #59
lesanto
Founding Member

Default Re: Moral Argument Is Overshadowing Poor Content!!!

If you had been at the show, you would have known why there was so little content, as there was nothing there, except the Daytona, that hasn't been reported on elsewhere.

And the Daytona was covered, in depth, in another feature.

Your own show report is certainly very comprehensive, but I'm not sure if that actually makes it readable.

The Internet is notorious for its short attention span readership. I wonder how many people will have spent the time and read your report from start to finish.

But I'm glad that my pics of Natasha's great butt have stirred up such a feedback....

lesanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 12:00 PM   #60
dbr
Founding Member

Default MO IDIOTS Re: London Show Feedback

And you guys ACTUALLY think you can get away w/

CHARGING people for this crap...HA.

Hey MO, you better use some of your subscription

mo-la to hire REAL journalist cause this kinda crap

isnt gonna fly w/ PAYING CUSTOMERS !
dbr is offline   Reply With Quote