Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2006 KTM 950 Supermoto Quick Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/3743-2006-ktm-950-supermoto-quick-ride.html)

ksquid 07-11-2006 04:17 PM

Re: Man Purse? Man Purse?!?

LOL Touche' :)

The_AirHawk 07-11-2006 04:23 PM

Re: 2006 KTM 950 Supermoto Quick Ride

"I've read a thing or two in lesser magazines about some problems with the KTM's handling; I experienced none of this."

Oooh, *THAT'S* gonna leave a Mark! (and not on the KTM)

And WTF is up with all the freakin' Dinosaurs lately? Did MO move their offices back to the Mesozoic Era? Can you only afford to rent background-filming space on Isla Nublar? What?

Seriously tho, great article.

On that note; I'm gonna just let my subscription run out in 52 days - you guys are just making me want bike after bike, and my Wallet JUST CAN'T TAKE IT!!!

It's been Real.

Your Pal,

-Scott

nesbit 07-11-2006 04:42 PM

Ho-Hum! Sorry to throw water on the festivities, Gabe, but enough already with the antiquated carburetored KTM 950 iterations. These folks will not get their arse in gear and invest the dollars and effort required to get the 990 EFI version homologated in the USA. And why should they? They've got it selling in almost every other market outside America; can't meet the demand, and apparently, no one else seems to care if the EFI glitch universally reported by the media, is resolved or not. Obviously, with cheerleaders like Gabe avoiding this issue, KTM can continue to send us their 2nd line machines, slightly modified as in the "Supermoto" to distract us from their continued contemptuous treatment of the American rider, further compounded by their total lack of good faith PR effort to address the issue in the press. Regrettably, they will sell every 990 Duke they eventually ship here, however undeserved that success may be. All of us want to reward engineering innovation, but after three years of sinister choreographed marketing obfuscation, the products apparent appeal aside, none of us should support the incompetence of KTM America management, ably directed or underwritten by the Austrian home office. There are plenty of superb alteratives.

pkbrown 07-11-2006 04:50 PM

Re: I'm following you.

The ducati "hypermotard" will be available next spring. That has serious promise. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the KTMs.

obandoj 07-11-2006 04:59 PM

Very good stuff Gabe, but I hear that Gary Busey is looking for you!

sconley 07-11-2006 05:05 PM

...I think I'll wait and see what the Ducati Hypermotard is offered at... Even if it's not cheaper, it's much lighter...

BrowningBAR 07-11-2006 05:45 PM

Re: Why do they even try??

I'm bettin' you don't vote Demo, either.

Fenton 07-11-2006 05:55 PM

Thanks for clearing that up.

And to think this whole time I thought it was a bike review.

BrowningBAR 07-11-2006 06:01 PM

Isla Nublar? I was thinking more along the lines that Gabe found some great travel deals to Ogasawara Islands.

pkbrown 07-11-2006 06:02 PM

my thoughts exactly