Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #31
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Project 2006 Ducati S2R 1000

"Wow, this forum is pretty rough. You guys aren't afraid to throw punches at each other."

This is the only forum that I belong to. I just thought that this was normal! Those other fora must be pretty bland.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2006, 07:57 PM   #32
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

My guess is that Dixit is unaware of the great motorcycle prophetÂ’s proclamations. If he's missed us ribbing KP he has no idea how rough we really are Dale!
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #33
fastoldman
Founding Member

Oh my God, that was a ****headed way to start off this thread. I apologize, I just was so excited about the Red Sox nuking the White Sox, and bummed that the Monster article didn't give us anything new. The Monster is probably my favorite bike of all time, and I look forward to all modifications that don't make it louder. Sorry for the pissy note to start this thing off. I absolutely look forward to further installments of this series.

My humblest apologies,

fom
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #34
fastoldman
Founding Member

whaaa?
Old 07-08-2006, 08:06 PM   #35
fastoldman
Founding Member

That's so sweet.

I like the bike, I just wanted more meat from the article. And I love Ducs but I am getting old enough I don't want loud bikes anymore. They simply take away from my experience. Call me crazy.

Sport Classic, yes. Hell, just about any Duc, yes. I want a Multi 620 to go with my monster 695, monster S4RS, 999S, 900SSFE, etc. When BMW can build a bike with their practicality plus Duc soul, then I'll find another brand. Until then, Duc it is.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:40 AM   #36
Buzglyd
Founding Member

No Ducati/Aprilia dealer in O'side anymore.

They moved the shop to Escondido. They're hoping to get the GT1000 in next week.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:30 AM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

That's okay. We feel very sorry for Red Sox fans.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:39 AM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

Check out MCUSA's forum...... yawn.

MO is cursed with too much out-of-the-mainstream thinking. Maybe we could go on a hunger strike by relays like those Hollywood actors. Demand more mainstream postings. Make things all nice and touchie-feelie. How does that "hunger strike" work anyhow? Best I can figure they are skipping lunch for one day in shifts. What a sacrifice!

At least the 60's protesters had the guts to face water cannons and tear gas. The current crop of protesters are just plain boring. Lord protect us from out of work actors. I wouldn't mind sitting in a tree with Daryl Hannah though.......
Old 07-09-2006, 06:40 AM   #39
seruzawa
The Toad

Well? Did you put down a deposit?
Old 07-09-2006, 02:51 PM   #40
ingenthr
Registered Member

Default Any ProItalia Advice?

As an S2R 800 rider (first time rider), I'm very interested in following this project. For me, one thing that would be interesting is if you could cover the options you consider as you make selections when moving the bike's progress along.

From personal experience, I've not had much luck so far with mods to my S2R. I've swapped out the stock levers to CRG (though Del Amo [I know, shouldn't have used them, but they're close] made this process take months-- backordered parts that never showed up), added frame sliders and other little things, but I've had horrible luck with mirrors.

As a first time rider, I wanted decent mirrors and had ... ahem... an incident that messed up my RH mirror (and my left arm, but that's another story). After a fair amount of research, it looked like the popular/realistic options were CRG bar end mirrors and Napoleon bar end mirrors. I liked the fact that the Napoleons weren't convex (less to think about for me). I ordered them, sat on them for a while, then found they didn't fit. Turns out the Magura handlebars have a smaller inner diameter than most bars. I'd be afraid to order the CRG now.

Anyway, as you work through this stuff with ProItalia, I'd be interested to see what the options considered and reasons for decisions are. It'd definitely help ProItalia get my business. The nearby dealer has been less-than-helpful and the Monster Forum is somewhat useful, but takes a lot of searching. I hope this focused project will give me some more things to think about.
ingenthr is offline   Reply With Quote