Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-02-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
fl34
Founding Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi Norge 1200: First Ride Report

I wonder if this a replacement for my Concours. If I can just get "she who must be obeyed" to believe that this "Norge" thing is an appliance it will all go easier.....
fl34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2006, 11:13 AM   #2
Dryfly
Registered Member

Isn't a "Norge" a term for pulling one's underware up his or her butt crack? Hopefully the seat won't give out the same sensation! Looks cool to me though. Just please keep the sport-touring bikes coming.
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #3
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I had a Norge in the backyard for a while, kept the beers real cold until my ferret got loose and chewed through the wires. Now I've got a Frigidair, made by General Motors.

The Guzzi does look kinda appliance-like. Maybe add a cappachino machine in the bags somewhere?

Old 07-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #4
sarnali
Founding Member

why do bikes like this always come out right after I buy a new one. I swear it happens every time.......
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
iamz
Founding Member

The soonest you'll see a Norge on our shores will be late next spring. Plenty of time to save up for a down payment.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:12 PM   #6
lilmamak
Founding Member

Somehow the fairings just don't match the rest of the bike. Its like they just slapped them on there with an existing model
lilmamak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:12 PM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I can't stop seeing a washer and dryer every time I hear the name of this bike. It just ruins the whole experience for me.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:21 PM   #8
Fenton
Founding Member

Don't try and tell us you were thinking; "uummm, new Triumph Bonneville, damn I wish there was an italian sport tourer"
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:50 PM   #9
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Moto Guzzi Edsel 1200: First Ride Report

What were they thinking? Guess "Norge" might sound cool in Italian. Maybe has Viking overtones, who knows...
Old 07-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #10
rapier
Founding Member

Norge was the first washing machine. Meaning a tub with an agitatator. The machine was not driven by an electric motor. How you ask? It used water power. Water pressure drove the mechanism.

I do not know offhand if this first 'washing machine' had a wringer, two rolls to press the water out, but it probably did.

Later came fractional horsepower electric motors and the rest is history. By the way, there was debate in the 1890's about if small HP electric motors made any sense. Impossible to imagine I know.

The Norge was built in Muskegon Michigan, a town that probably more than any represents Americas inudustrial age, and its denoument. Norge disappeared long ago. Probably in the early 70's, the time where the recession started here, and never ended.
rapier is offline   Reply With Quote