Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-28-2001, 06:28 PM   #31
frmrpat
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda VTX 1800 Reader Feedback

I would like to see "hard numbers" regarding performance such as 1/4 mile times ect. but If the economy holds up this thing will sell and everyone else will be playing catchup for a while.
frmrpat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2001, 06:34 PM   #32
BDG
Founding Member

I own what WAS the greatest cruiser, the VALKYRIE! What I want to know is, where does it stand now? Has anyone ridden both the VTX and the Valk? Do I need to trade? Can anyone help?

Minime?
BDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 06:48 PM   #33
CBR1000F
Founding Member

StarvingStudent,

The genre was ALREADY absurd... The Road Star was silly enough, and now THIS?!
Old 02-28-2001, 06:48 PM   #34
TheREALBiker
Founding Member

you don't know jack. the faithfull will stay with HD. Remember Pearl Harbor
TheREALBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 06:48 PM   #35
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Read for comprehension, guys. The story clearly said they "sampled" the bike at the "press intro". This was not a full road test, just a riding impression. Thus, no measured data.

Who, me, brown-nosing for a job at the new subscription-based MO?
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 06:52 PM   #36
TheREALBiker
Founding Member

heh yeah, Harley are cool. this looks like a 2 wheel Saab
TheREALBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 06:59 PM   #37
CBR1000F
Founding Member

700 Lbs. DRY?! Can you say cartoonishly, grossly and ludicrously obese? I knew you could... 1800 cc's?! Can you say rediculously huge for what's sure to be a paltry amount of power compared to an 1100 cc Magna or V-Max?

This has gone far enough. Quit making these rolling jokes.
Old 02-28-2001, 07:07 PM   #38
schillhog
Founding Member

I have absolutely NO inside info, but a big fat guess borne of voracious reading, riding, and bull sessions with riders, etc. of different marques. What I think Honda's gonna do with Das V is to make it into a limited edition custom line. At shows this year they're showcasing "one-offs" that they grin and do an aw-shucks presentation of, but swear there are no plans to do them even as concept vehicles.

Which means they probably will do something along those lines. There are too many fans of the Val for it to be killed off mid-life. But clearly the emphasis on that class and design of engine is being directed toward the new Goldwing.

Hang on to your beloved Val. Its only going to increase in value, both extrinsically and intrinsically.
schillhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 07:23 PM   #39
bbunting
Founding Member

Hey that sounds like a good "Compare-O", being a Ducati rider, now, the cruiser bikes are not my type any more. But I can still recall what they were like, and just like the sport bike riders cruiser riders do like to compare bikes. Fit, Finish, Performance, and just plan Feel are important as we plunk down the kids college fund for two wheels and a motor. As most dealers will not let you test ride now-a-days. (Showing my real age with that one, only one I know that will any more Munroe Motors here in San Francisco and I remember when every dealer would!!!) A compare from MO could help make up someone's mind on what bike they want buy.... HINT- HINT to Mr B. Now that this beast is out how-a-bout a Big Twin Compare, heck I'll meet ya at Laguna Seca and lets drag the foot boards in a track test.

And the day you let me Test bikes, there will be reports of mid-air pork collisions world wide.
bbunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 07:30 PM   #40
bbunting
Founding Member

Gotta agree, If ya love the bike ya got, keep her till she dies or in my case, you do. I tend to keep my bikes till you cannot find parts for them any more.

Guess that explains allot.
bbunting is offline   Reply With Quote