Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-20-2001, 03:17 PM   #361
oosoom
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda VTX 1800 Reader Feedback

I have 2000 miles on my vtx and the balance is perfect. As a matter of fact its so well balanced its easy to ride with my wife on board. handling is much better than I thoughtit would be. Scraping the pegs at first is a little unerving but you realy have to be pushing it to scrape them. just buy a lot of acorn nuts for spares.

I have a question for anyone who has changed the pipes. did you have to reprogram your map? did you have any problem with the bike leaning out? i saw a bike with the cobra slip on and it was blowing black smoke out the back.
oosoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2001, 07:08 PM   #362
docc
Founding Member

..all your answer can be had at.... http://forums.delphi.com/HondaVTX/messages

many VTX owners have modified bikes....share info..complete with pictures..instruction..step by step mods...come on by.......
docc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 10:27 AM   #363
Treeman
Founding Member

Dragline,

Did anyone determine how to fix the headlight noise? I've got about 22o miles on my VTX and the vibration has started. Its definitely in the headlight. Is Honda acknowledging a design problem and offering a fix?

Treeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 06:26 AM   #364
klimbra
Founding Member

TOO BIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOO HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOOOOOOOOOOO
klimbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 10:11 AM   #365
miami1guy
Founding Member

LOVE THE BIKE...

NEVER MADE FOR MIDGETS!
miami1guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 08:45 AM   #366
VTXrider
Founding Member

I've owned a total of 16 motorcycles now. The previous two were both Valkyries (a Tourer and an Interstate models) before recently buying my new 2002 VTX 1800! Trading my last Valkyrie in for the new VTX would prompt me to recommend doing the same thing for anyone else considering it. I expect to ride the VTX much more than I ever did my Valkyries and that is due to the immense riding pleasure I'm already deriving from this machine! It's really brought back alot of riding passion for me again, although I had no complaints with either of my Valkyrie!!
VTXrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 10:22 AM   #367
hawkrider
Founding Member

I have not riden the VTX. It is a great looking bike, clean with a distinctive look. Is this what a "Cruiser" is supposed to be? I am confused about what defines a "Cruiser".

I own a 1997 Valkyrie Tourer, it was named Cruiser of the decade and lauded by every publication as thee BIG POWER CRUISER. No argument from me, I love the bike and everything about it.

I do not see that the Valk the VTX and the V-Max are all the same class of bike. I know cruisers are the hot seller today. But, should these comparisons and head to head tests be more specific in outlining the capabilities of each machine.

I remember reading tests comparing a 50 some hp Harley to a 100hp Valk. If you went to the comparison sheet it was like a commercial for the Honda.

I dont have the answers, just the questions!
hawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 09:17 AM   #368
RogerBzVTX
Founding Member

Default Picking up my new 2002 VTX Saturday

Hi folks would just like to introduce my self and say hi! I am just getting involved

with MO and I am glad to see there is an onlime forum. as the title says I'm picking

up my 02 VTX this Saturday, and I am looking forward to the first ride of the season,

But I can wait til winter passes as I am still ridin my Polaris XCR 800

I have riden in the past but it has been 7 years since since I have had a bike under my butt.

My VTX is all stock, but I have a power comander and a set of Vance and Hines Big Shots on order.

What is your opinion on the Power Comander fuel remapping systems for FI??

Have a good one

Roger

RogerBzVTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 04:20 AM   #369
Bob_Kerry
Founding Member

The pegs drag in hard turns--mostly on the right for me. I just got the progressive springs and shocks which I hope wil cure this but haven't put them on yet.

This bike handles very well at low speed. My 1100RT BMW always felt like it was going to tip over when I paddled around in a parking lot because of the very high center of gravity and the fact that I was on my tip toes.

I love this bike ! It is my 36th bike and it rates high all time. Never, never had a motor this nice.

Bob Kerry

Tucson
Bob_Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 02:30 PM   #370
jim_cruise
Founding Member

need some help - just got kuryallyn grips and one grip has black plastic insert - if it goes over throttle sleeve should it come out or what... hope that one doesn't go on left grip!!!
jim_cruise is offline   Reply With Quote