Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-06-2001, 03:35 PM   #351
VTXTREM
Founding Member

Default Re: SHOULD OF WAIT AND BUY A V ROD!!!

V ROD

Check out my custom VTX and tell me the v rod is a better value. Yes you have more horses but there is no replacement for displacement. Go to

WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/VINCESVTXTREM

VINCE
VTXTREM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2001, 11:43 AM   #352
dscollins15
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda VTX 1800 Reader Feedback

Great looking custom job vince.

I am looking everywhere for aftermarket goodies for my VTX. Where would you suggest looking. I tried the link for the company that supplied your pipes but it didnt work. (Yours sounded great)

dscollins15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 06:12 AM   #353
StarAsh
Founding Member

Default When your Harley quits...

The fact is that "for the money" you're saving lots of money over either of your favorites, not to mention the gross amounts of breakdowns on the rediculously priced Harley. You are right to mention the Valk out of sheer Honda reliability, but you still save over $4,000 with the VTX and you get a much more visceral riding experience- Valk is just too smooth. I'll take the money saved and turn it into exactly what I want- the best bike on the road. Whine to somebody else- like your jealous Harley riding friends, while you are pushing them down the road looking for a repair station.
StarAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 12:58 PM   #354
rwpeoples
Founding Member

Check out Corbin and Cobra's web site. Corbin now offers several seats, chin spoiler, and beetle bags. Cobra has a few things to add some chrome. Vance and Hines is only going to offer one pipe and I was told last week its' delivery is now scheduled for November.

rwpeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 07:14 AM   #355
rwpeoples
Founding Member

Default Re: What about those pipes?

How did you get Vance and Hines exhausts for your VTX. I have talked with them repeatedly and they say the only exhaust for the VTX will be the Bigshots and they will not be available until November.

Old 08-29-2001, 08:51 AM   #356
rwpeoples
Founding Member

Check your owners manual, the VTX does not call for a first service until 4,000 miles. That is what my dealer told me when I called, but I took it in for an oil change at 600 anyway. Taking it in today for the 4000 mile check up. So far, it has been great.
Old 09-02-2001, 08:29 PM   #357
rouser
Founding Member

Default Re: CUSTOM VTX

Vince,

I finally have the Black X broken in. Pipes and a pc is all it needs now. Yours looks like a oneo'akind in fact it is. Great job. See you in oct.

Doug 303
rouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 04:19 AM   #358
Welby
Founding Member

I picked up my VTX on 7/15. I have been looking at the aftermarket pipes. Would be nice to hear them before buying them. Have you bought your Cobras yet? If so, how do they sound?
Welby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 04:21 AM   #359
Welby
Founding Member

I purchased my VTX on 7/15. I get a sore back because the handle bars are too far forward for my liking. Does anyone know of a kit that can move the handle bars back about an inch?
Welby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 05:22 PM   #360
WarlordVTX
Founding Member

Just put on Cobras Classic slashcuts. The bike just came alive. The pipe that was on it really has the motor plugged up. Now the motor runs and sounds like the uncensored beast it was designed to be. The new pipes from Cobra went on fairly easy. Put the heat shields on the forward pipe when you put that pipe to the head. These classic slashcuts really sing when I am going thur the gears. The bike is faster and looks really great. That stock pipe steals from the lines of the bike. Now the VTX really stands out as her lines came alive big time. I am amazed at the sound and power along with the design of this VTX beast. A few more tricks to this motor and very few will come and play. Heard one is at 200 hp now on the west coast. Shortly.....just alittle more patience and the rest will be kitty's. I have 3500 miles now...all trouble free....been right around 40 mpg. Pegs do touch when cornering hard, now it just seems like alittle early warning device when turning hard. Am satisfied.......yep...u bet....big time. Time to rumble.........
WarlordVTX is offline   Reply With Quote