Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-23-2001, 04:57 PM   #331
firstkitcarson
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda VTX 1800 Reader Feedback

Rodney,

After reading the entire thread and your comments, I've to the conclusion that you're an idiot.

I'm not sure where you get the notion that a V-Max is a cruiser. It's about as much a cruiser as a crotch rocket.

Comparing the VTX to the V-Max would be analogues to comparing my Jeep Wrangler to the Ford F150. - Both vehicles were designed for different applications.

Also, I believe there was a request to skip the "My bike is better than your bike" comments.
firstkitcarson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2001, 05:30 PM   #332
firstkitcarson
Founding Member

I notified Vance and Hines via their web site (vanceandhines.com). They informed me the 2 1/2" Big Shot will be available in September (aprox.) and will be in the 600's price range.
firstkitcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 05:09 PM   #333
TheFox
Founding Member

I know why MO doesn't post 1/4 mile times anymore...it's because the V-max owners have this problem with seeing a quarter mile time, every time it happens they immediately say,

"The V-max has a better 1/4 mile it rocks any bike on the strip its fast blah Vmax Vmax Vmax Vmax fast Vmax speed Vmax power Vmax cool Vmax Vmax Vmax Vmax speed Vmax you suck Vmax. Did I mention how fast my Vmax is? Oh, by the way, Vmax."

I tire of hearing the word(s?) V-max. We know it's fast. Enough.

Thank you.

The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 05:19 PM   #334
vtxcruiser
Founding Member

This metric cruiser sounds better than most HD's around... Stock pipes are low and growl, that and over 100 cubic inches under your butt makes for a helluva ride. I have owned all kinds of bikes, this is truly the best I've seen in 30 years of riding.
vtxcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 05:23 PM   #335
vtxcruiser
Founding Member

Amen... but its worth it....
Old 06-29-2001, 05:42 PM   #336
vtxcruiser
Founding Member

Be sure and get plenty of sleep before you pick it up. It will be a long time before you will see sack time again. The day I got my red VTX I headed home from the dealer and missed my house by about 100 miles...Lost track of time, nearly got divorced. It is a truly wonderful bike to ride. I have 500 miles on it now, can't wait to open it up a little more...
Old 07-08-2001, 11:46 AM   #337
dragline37
Founding Member

relax and enjoy. You won't have any trouble handling this bike.

Drag
dragline37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 12:01 PM   #338
dragline37
Founding Member

The VTX is NOT "too big". It's just that most riders are simply too small.

Drag
Old 07-08-2001, 02:10 PM   #339
dragline37
Founding Member

My last bike was also a Magna. What a blast! However, it was a little too small for my frame. It's a little bit harder to scrub the pegs on a Magna vs. a VTX. When you do manage to get a peg on the ground with the VTX it makes a terrible noise! It'll definitely scare the hell out of you! Even so, don't worry. The pegs give plenty and the stability is NOT sacrificed in the least. The VTX will track true right on through the turn just like nothing happened. Just make sure you're giving enough gas to get that big ol' upright again! Be safe!

Drag
Old 07-09-2001, 02:39 PM   #340
BulletBob
Founding Member

I went to the Honda Hoot in Knoxville with my VTX, had a great time. Was disappointed though to see a very limited selection of accessories for the VTX. Got rained on Friday,went to Deals Gap on Saturday, what a blast that road is !!!! The acorn nuts on the bottom of the footpegs (pavement feelers) now are partially ground off, from too much fun. I know this is not a sport bike, but I wish it had a little more ground clearance. I read an article that stated : stock VTX with the exhaust opened up and air filter removed ran 11.69 on 1/4 mile dragstrip, not bad.
BulletBob is offline   Reply With Quote