Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-02-2001, 07:50 AM   #261
gdbryan
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda VTX 1800 Reader Feedback

Glad to hear you like the VTX, me too. My only beef has been a local dealer who has been trying to artificially inflate the prices. The VTX isn't widely available yet, but many of the people who put down deposits to hold the bike aren't following through (looky lou's). I was able to get mine for MSRP, with a very nice Shoei helmet, leather coat, and some gloves thrown in.

Enjoy!!
gdbryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2001, 07:53 AM   #262
gdbryan
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda and Harley - Trading Places?

HD has always had a great R&D department, it's just that the image people won't let them loose. Harley is currently campaigning a 1000cc VTwin in Superbike competition, but you would never know it if you visited your local HD dealership. Buell's are nice, for what they are, but they could be so much more!
Old 05-02-2001, 07:57 AM   #263
gdbryan
Founding Member

The Honda is made in the good ol' USofA, just like your precious Harley, and probably has just as many if not more American made parts in it. Get off your high horse, and stop knocking "jap" bikes.

If HD would put some of their R&D ideas into production, people wouldn't be flocking to bikes like the VTX. HD has cornered itself with their "biker" image that they're afraid to try something new.
Old 05-02-2001, 08:04 AM   #264
gdbryan
Founding Member

Default Re: Magna, Valkyrie, V-Max an other NON-V-TWIN owners...

Thanks, I think people are missing out on what the VTX was designed for, and what it's competition is (mostly in the rearview mirrors)
Old 05-02-2001, 08:07 AM   #265
gdbryan
Founding Member

Default Re: This bike is just more of the same

Hey if you want a Intruder 800, go get one!

The VTX is aimed at a different crowd, and it

doesn't have to appeal to everybody. Besides, with the relatively low production planned for at least this year, most people won't be able to get one even if they wanted to.
Old 05-03-2001, 06:09 PM   #266
dragline37
Founding Member

Hang on to that v65! There is no doubt that beast is for real! Keep on ridin'!
dragline37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 06:18 PM   #267
dragline37
Founding Member

Sounds like you got a good deal! I found the buzzing noise I wrote about earlier. It's something in the headlight assembly(not the mounts). The guys at the shop also found it on the other two VTX's there. They'll be in contact with Honda to find out any answers. I'll try to keep y'all informed. Is anyone else noticing that they only get a cruising range of about 80-90 miles? (and I've been taking it easy on the throttle during the break-in). Don't plan on going too far from home!
Old 05-04-2001, 10:41 AM   #268
dragline37
Founding Member

Default Re: This bike is just more of the same

AMEN brother! This bike is not for everyone. I'm not interested in whipping through the twisty turneys. I do love accelerating in a straight line though (Go "Big Daddy Don"). I also enjoy just getting out there and feeling the wind in whaat's left of my hair. I'm too big a guy to comfortably ride anything much smaller. I sold my Magna years ago because it was simply too small. Along comes the VTX with a large frame, low c.o.g., gobs of torque, and decent looks. For me it was a no brainer.
Old 05-04-2001, 10:50 AM   #269
dragline37
Founding Member

I like cruisers. I also like to go fast. I'm a large guy that weighs a lot. I'm sorry but 60-70 ft-lb torque just ain't gonna git it! Honda has made the bike for me. It's large and powerful thus satisfying those needs. If I were 5'8'' and 160lbs then I'd have kept my little Magna back in '94.
Old 05-04-2001, 10:54 AM   #270
dragline37
Founding Member

Default Re: who cares what HD riders think?

Those sneers don't really look so bad as they become smaller and smaller in my VTX rear view mirrors.