Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-05-2001, 06:29 AM   #191
Philbiker
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda VTX 1800 Reader Feedback

No more so than all cruisers do. Or all 4 door sedans or all 18 wheelers or whatever.....
Philbiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2001, 06:46 AM   #192
sLOWrIDE
Founding Member

VMax?

Never really thought of a VMax as a cruiser. More like an over powered standard. Or a really bad handling sport bike.

jmho

sLOWrIDE
sLOWrIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 06:53 AM   #193
sLOWrIDE
Founding Member

It wouldn't look enough like a Harley if it didn't have those cooling fins.

Just another OVER DONE MetricRetroHarleyLookAlike

party hard.............ride sober
Old 03-05-2001, 07:13 AM   #194
Philbiker
Founding Member

Because Harley (tm) invented cooling fins, right?
Philbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:40 AM   #195
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Default Re: Cruisers, in general...

I have to agree too. I currently ride an 86 GSXR1100 and I get pretty strung out riding the buzzy, loud wailer (although I still love it!!!) but, while in Oz for a vacation I rented a VTR1000. Wow, calm, cool and collected with that v twin pulsing down there whilst ripping through the twisties. That v twin motor certainly is nice company. I'm not really a convert to cruisers but would love to see Honda use this VTX engine in a bike like Yam's MT-01 'monster' show bike... Say a 500lb monster - just engine, wheels and a seat... I'd go for one of those!
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:53 AM   #196
wingdave
Founding Member

I agree with you Chris.

I would buy a Zodia as quickly as my faxed credit approval could come back.

Unfortunately the only BOLD cruiser (styling wise) to come out in the past 10 years is the Be-eM-dubya 1200c..

Honda, kaw, yammie and the rest of the fence sitting, middle of the road styling cruiser manufacturers should take a cue from the bavarian motor werks and take a chance.

They'd be surprised just how many would actually sell.. Of course, they're also neglecting a portion of the dual sport market and not bringing half of their total line(s) over the pond.

Personally my dream bike is a Varadero. try to get one of those in the US..
wingdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 11:10 AM   #197
sLOWrIDE
Founding Member

Stevo,

That reliability card just doesn't play against the EVO and newer Harley's. Price is a different story. But like I said, when you compare a MetricRetroHarleyLookAlike to the real thing, they just don't compare. I've owned bikes made on both sides of the pond. The quality and value of metric bikes is a moot point. Like comparing a Rolex to a timex, the Harley ( Rolex ) is a work of art, and the Metric (Timex) is a copy.

You don't have to justify your choice of bike to me or anybody. As long as you have fun with it, go for it.

party hard........................ride sober

sLOWrIDE
Old 03-05-2001, 11:19 AM   #198
sLOWrIDE
Founding Member

The whole idea here is to argue a point. If someone makes a point you don't agree with, you make a counter point. You then come up with ideas that re-enforce your point and counter point. When you start leveling personal insults, YOU LOOSE.

party hard.......................ride sober

sLOWrIDE
Old 03-06-2001, 07:55 AM   #199
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: What!?

It is a one-speed, but it doesn't have a transmission. It has a torque converter. They couldn't engineer a transmission small enough to go on the bike, but large enough to handle the power. Doesn't matter, though. It works.
Old 03-07-2001, 06:08 PM   #200
max-9
Founding Member

this retro cruiser vtx thing is just another look alike to me. make somthing different already.oh boy its bigger and more torque, so what its 1/4 mile time sucks and it looks like every other retro .make somthing different. take some parts from my v-max a hyabusa and a harley, hire a bunch of designers or engineers and build somthing thats fast,low,and handles . and make it look different already im getting tired of looking at bikes that look 50 years old
max-9 is offline   Reply With Quote