Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-01-2001, 02:11 PM   #121
Hochreiter
Founding Member

Default Re: This bike is just more of the same

What of the ACE750? It competes with the sportster? Single crankpin, solid mount engine. The 750 Spirit is not very fat. It almost sounds like you want an old BSA.
Hochreiter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2001, 02:17 PM   #122
rodneyj123
Registered Member

Default Re: Magna, Valkyrie, V-Max an other NON-V-TWIN owners...

I didn't think anyone was talking about V-Twins, they were talking about CRUISERS. That includes all engines: Magnas, VMaxes, Valkyries, and BMWs and even Moto Guzzi (with the 'V' sideways!). And what about Arlen Ness. He's building a V-4 (1/2 of a Chevy V! Will his creation be slighted by other CRUISERS? I don't think so!

I agree with you, if the party is for V-Twins, then don't show up on anything other than a V-Twin. But I don't think you'll find any V-Twin only parties.

Rod
rodneyj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 02:33 PM   #123
josephblow
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda VTX 1800 Reader Feedback

I enjoyed your report on the new VTX, but your planned chat was a disaster, IMHO. Aside from your server problems, it seems there was more conversation about bikes other than the VTX. This was a subject more in tune with the interests of cruiser riders, and I guess you didn't have enough of us there last night to make it worthwhile. Too bad. There's been more relevant conversation about the VTX on forums like the Shadow Riders Forum than here at MO. I'm surprised no one has posted anything here in Reader Feedback about this important new product introduction from Honda.
josephblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 02:36 PM   #124
caderider
Registered Member

LOL
Old 03-01-2001, 02:41 PM   #125
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: Cruisers, in general...

Try a tourer!
Old 03-01-2001, 02:44 PM   #126
josephblow
Founding Member

I guess if I scrolled down the page all the way, I would have seen all these messages (duh!). I should have known it would turn into a Harley vs. rice burner conversation...

I think this bike is technologically superior to anything Harley has, but to the true HD devotee, that does not matter. The VTX will never get you an invite into the "brotherhood" or the "lifestyle", whatever those things are. Some of us don't care to be invited, of course.
josephblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 02:49 PM   #127
caderider
Registered Member

So does the Cavalcade!
Old 03-01-2001, 03:05 PM   #128
Tommys
Founding Member

VTX - Stands for "V-twin Xtreme"
Tommys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 03:19 PM   #129
DuckyDave
Founding Member

Default Motorcycles never seen one that I didnt like

I drive a Ducati 900SS, I know, its not a real sportbike since it doesnt make 140 HP at the rear wheel. My wife drives a v-star 1100. She loves her cruiser. Yea, Ive got to wait on her in the twisties but she puts a couple hundred miles a week on her bike. I got my first motorcycle , a Honda 160 scramble when i was 13. Im 44 now. My point is that Ive never seen a motorcycle that I didnt like. Ive never rode one that wasnt fun. This Honda thing looks like it would be fun. Sure, it wouldnt be the first bike I put in the garage. Probably not even the second. But I bet it would be fun to drive. Its sad to hear all the motorcyclist slamin each other cause they drive different style bikes. The other day at the mall I had a kid on a Harley make a rice burner comment about me on my Ducati..hehe I smiled and didnt tell him that my last Harley was older than him.

Ride Smart but just Ride

DAve
DuckyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 03:40 PM   #130
tony
Founding Member

I get the feeling Kawasaki is dieing. They are behind the other three and don't seem to be bringing anything new to the market. They did a good job of Marketing the Vulcan but how long can a face transplant take it. Their best dual sport is like 17 years old. The Concours is almost as old. The ZX12 is at least a grand over priced. I see a bunch of last years models left on the dealers floor marked down as much as 2k. I guess the ZX6 is still some what competitive. I would like Kawasaki to do something drastic in 2002 to get in the game.

My 2 Cents

Tony
tony is offline   Reply With Quote