Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-20-2006, 01:56 PM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: The Shame Among Us

You could try some M/C junkyards.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2006, 02:17 PM   #22
Auphliam
Founding Member

But Fred, M-80s are illegal.

Seriously though, I have to agree with you. Maybe its the whole age/wisdom equation, I don't know.

10 years ago I owned an IronHead Sportster with 2" straights and I made sure everyone knew it every chance I got.

This past weekend, I'm crankin up the road on my V92C w/stage I turnouts (factory) and I start to think to myself "man, these things are loud as hell". Yesterday, I was shopping the internet for a new set of muffs.

I think alot of it has to do with the gargantuan size of these modern V-Twins. Used to be Harley was king of the hill with the 1340 and such. Nowadays, if it ain't over 1500, it never gets off the drawing board.

You put a set of 2.5" shorties on a 120" S&S V-Twin and you are gonna rattle windows for blocks, no doubt about it.

I think a little common sense could go along way to fixing this issue. If not, these towns in Florida are going to be at the top of a growing list. For a collection of people that are already scrutinized for everything we do, we can't afford that kind of attention.

The problem is, getting these folks to hear what you're saying
Old 06-20-2006, 02:22 PM   #23
davidhaner
Founding Member

I believe he was just using a figure of speach.
davidhaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:46 PM   #24
03zx12r
Registered Member

I must agree. No one like being woken up at 3am by some harley with straight pipe. The jerk down my street can not ride home without making the last block to his drive at W.O.T. - a harley like that doesn't go that fast in just a block. If you are that jerk - take a hint before I put a potato in those pipes.
03zx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:11 PM   #25
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: 60 miles!

I building up for my big ride to Sturgis this summer... My brother-in-law ex-cop is going so I think I'll be safe this time.. He rides a Triumph.. Won't need the shotgun this time..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:19 PM   #26
ksquid
Banned

Amen well said... when I see a Ducati on the freeway, I'll roll down my window just to hear the music..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #27
12er
Founding Member

When racing the 999 on Tourist Trophy I find myself using the "look back" button often just so I can hear that thing booming in my living room.

For those of you without a PS2, pick one up just for Tourist Trophy. Addicting and surprisingly helped my riding.

Saturday was 490 miles of tire shreading bliss. Did one of the best loops in the world, CA 120, 395, 108.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #28
peter_anon
Registered Member

That about sums it up.

Loud Pipes............................................. .Suck.

peter_anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:50 PM   #29
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

2 weeks ago, at 2am, I was sleeping peacefully. I awoke to the absolutely loudest motorcycle exhaust I have ever heard. This guy was blasting down the road at full throttle... waking myself and countless other children, elderly, and young married couples. It was then that I realized that all motorcyclists are NOT in this thing together. Selfishness!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:30 PM   #30
gigantic
Registered Member

Amen, brother Fred! I've personally taken to plugging my ears with my middle fingers, just to let these self absorbed a$$holes know how i feel, because screaming at them at the top of my lungs is an exercise in futility.
GSXR-750 #13 Spyder Leatherworks, TrackdayMag.com East coast staff.
gigantic is offline   Reply With Quote