Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-21-2006, 09:39 PM   #211
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Default Re: The Shame Among Us

I sat on the balcony during Edmonton's run for the Stanley Cup and counted the bikes roaring by on the main drag during one night of celebrations:

Cruisers 47

Sportbikes 16

Standards 2

Of the cruisers, there were 39 with identifiably aftermarket pipes (judged by volume). They were loud enough that I couldn't sleep until about 2am. Ironically, just as I fell asleep, a sportbike roared by on the road and I sat up to watch him fly by doing at least 90 on a normal city street.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2006, 02:19 AM   #212
bigdx
Founding Member

Default 2 motorcycles, 4 wannabes

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:22 AM   #213
bigdx
Founding Member

Default LOL

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:16 AM   #214
anrajala
Founding Member

The US economy is in real trouble. On the surface its now all growing nicely but the historic levels of trade balance deficit and budget deficit tell the real story.

Its all basic family economics. When you live well by increasing the debt its baaaaad. If you don´t save for the rainy day when the going is good, when are you going to save? And what will happen when bad time finally comes? Several scenarios, most of them not very nice.

Ramping down military spending and stopping bringing democracy to Iraq should be done like this afternoon. Even though this spending plays its part in keeping the economy growing.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:18 AM   #215
oldtim
Founding Member

Interesting timing. Our local paper printed a letter to the ed. this AM on noise, and loud motorcycles figured prominently in the writers rant.
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:27 AM   #216
maladg
Registered Member

Default Miss a day and you miss a lot

Gee, I go to the evil HQ of the Cosmodemonic Corporation for a couple of days of yummy corporate navel gazing and I miss this? Looks like I need to adjust my priorities.

Sorry, HD bretheren. I'm so over loud pipes.

Sorry, Sport bike bretheren, I'm so over loud pipes.

Let me put on the ole Unreasoning Mask and stir the puddin' a bit: I propose flying a C-5 packed full of Minnesota Multiphase's with attached "sase's" over Sturgis and drop the entire multi ton load. Lets get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Let me try to get into the mind set of a typical loud pipe jerka$$ - regardless of bike brand: ME, ME, ME, MEEEEEEE. ME, ME, ME, MEEEEEEE. ME, ME, ME, MEEEEEEE........Look at MEEEEEEE! I am LOUD, I am PROUD. Bow before MEEEEE!

Taking the Unreasoning Mask off: my work brings me in contact with lots of upscale - income wise - folks who have loud pipe bikes. I've observed that they collectively don't know Cal Rayborn, Mert Lawill, **** O'Brian or a Silent Grey Fellow from a hole in the ground. What a shame...
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:49 AM   #217
anrajala
Founding Member

I don´t understand whats the problem if somebody starts to pull on your lane. I live in Buenos Aires and this happens here all the time. In this case - or if you are lane splitting and the gap starts to get closed - you just accelerate to the driver´s side window, or you have to slow down.

- cruiz-euro

Old 06-22-2006, 04:53 AM   #218
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Little math help?

Hey this is easy, fat boy is a soft tail. It was only mentioned twice for its impressive presence.

- cruiz-euro
Old 06-22-2006, 04:53 AM   #219
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

It could still be spent into the economy, but in different ways that provide both jobs and some other tangible benefit for society other than militant beligerence, i.e. health care and education. Teachers and doctors still spend and we would get a much better value for the dollar than hyper-inflated military spending.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:57 AM   #220
anrajala
Founding Member

Son todos putos (lets see if spanish cursing will be censured)

- cruiz-euro