Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2006 Moto Guzzi Three-Way Combo (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/3642-2006-moto-guzzi-three-way-combo.html)

johnnyb 06-05-2006 09:14 AM

Re: 2006 Moto Guzzi Three-Way Combo

Guzzis sound even cooler than Ducatis, it's the pushrods clacking around i guess.

Some gray-haired old guy just pulled a nice high-side around the corner of my office building on an old Kawasaki ZX1000R. Out cold in middle of street. No abrasions I could see, and when paramedics got his full face helmet off, big crunch in the back of it. W/o helmet he would be a dead man. Maybe will be anyway, still out cold but breathing and heart pumping. Right in the middle of town. Hare today gone tomorrow kids...

Buzglyd 06-05-2006 09:26 AM

Re: Here comes Count Kookula

mike ain't the sharpest spoke in the wheel, so take it easy on him.

BMW4VWW 06-05-2006 09:35 AM

Me three.

GrisoDG 06-05-2006 09:53 AM

Thank god they didn't describe the Griso in the politically correct crap feminine.

maladg 06-05-2006 10:10 AM

An 80's LeMans once lived in my garage for a couple of years. I was it's sitter while the owner was overseas in the Service.

Naturally I rode the stink out of it with the owner's permission, no make that insistence!.

Neighbor up at the Fortress of Solitude has an '02 LeMans that I have also rode quite a bit. QC for the 02's left a bit to be desired, but what the hey....

Yup, they be sweet. Whatever you do, don't go opening the mailbox and seeing a certain usually obsessed with unrideable customs mag going ga-ga over the Breva 1100.

You know who you are and you have been warned!

Oh, and good catch - whoever you are - on the misuse of "airhead". Send Yossef a cc of "The Oilrag" & "Airmail"- fast!

maladg 06-05-2006 10:19 AM

....and another thing

Put the Wayback Machine on about '71 or '72. Place, north Metro ATL where 285 met the then brand new Hwy 400. I have a flat on my '62 Beetle (Laugh all you want and don't ask - guilty as charged) and am out changing it off to the side in the nice cloverleaf.

And then it happened. A beautiful V-7 Sport with the ultra sano drum ft brake comes booming by. John Wycoff at the controls.

I was ruined early....when I got home, I could barely look my DT-1 in the headlight.

flying_hun 06-05-2006 10:32 AM

While you're at it, let him know that when the bore is greater than the stroke the motor is described as 'oversquare', not 'undersquare'.

mikenomad 06-05-2006 10:38 AM

Re: Here comes Count Kookula

Guess I don't spend enough time hanging around here, or at least I don't spend much time reading the reader comments.

seruzawa 06-05-2006 10:48 AM

Get one. You sholud do something nice for yourself after subjecting yourself to the masochism of two shovelheads.

mscuddy 06-05-2006 10:49 AM

What's with the giant exhaust can? Are Yamaha & Moto Guzzi cross-breeeding?