Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-02-2006, 07:32 AM   #31
staff
Registered Member

Default A few points...

This is an introduction/first ride story, and Pete makes no allusions that it is anything else. He describes very clearly the limited nature of the test, and the fact that he was treated very nicely by BMW. So the fact that there are no glaring flaws and that there appears to be not a lot of criticism of the bike is not a reflection of Pete's (and MO's) journalistic integrity, but rather the limited nature of this kind of feature.

However, Pete does note some complaints and it's clear (when I read it, at least) that he was riding the bike with a critical eye. He notes complaints about the seat height and comfort, for one thing.

We are going to do a more in-depth review of the bike, with many more miles ridden, lots more testers, and dyno testing. Until then, this quick impression is all we can do.

Thanks for being a MO subscriber. Your input is valuable to us.

Gabe Ets-Hokin

Senior Editor

staff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2006, 07:34 AM   #32
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: A few points...

Well if you need a "real world" tester who would be likely to spend his own dough for one, I'm available all summer!

Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:42 AM   #33
rwven
Registered Member

Default Re: 2006 BMW K 1200 GT

That fairing looks like it came right off a Ducati....;^)>
rwven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:04 AM   #34
bboule
Founding Member

Can you just moderate these types of posts down so most of us don't see them as opposed to starting a war every time without moderating it down?

(e.x. ksquid posts)

Your attacks on stupid posts are just as off-topic and annoying as the stupid posts themselves. These posters thrive on attention and you give it to them every time.

Maybe we need an article on how to use the moderation system so readers can do this themselves. Anyone who wants to read the fights can just go set their threshold to -1.

Heck the system should automatically mod "first post" crap down as far as it can go so no one sees it.

As for the bike... It doesn't look so ugly to me. Not as nice as the K1200S but not as ugly as some of the recent R bikes, and this bike definitely still has a BMW look.
bboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:10 AM   #35
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I'm inclined to disagree with those that think the new GT looks like a Concours. It's not exactly my cup of tea, but it certainly looks a lot less wonky than the 1200ST or the R1200 models.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:19 AM   #36
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Although longride's observations may come off as a bit brusque, I for one feel that he is spot on in nailing this guy for three inane posts in a row. Perhaps an early run in like this will yield the desired effect of making this particular poster aware of puerile behavior.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:21 AM   #37
johnnyb
Founding Member

well, they have to make them look weirder every year for the modern-art collecting clientele what buys them i think. more pate, messieur? Yick.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:28 AM   #38
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I don't moderate. I leave that for others. I want everyone to see his post and my response. If you don't like it, oh well. Life goes on. I call am as I see em. I suppose I could have used the PC approach, but that ain't me.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:48 AM   #39
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I know how hard these guys work to give you the articles you read here. I felt your first two posts to be inane, and the third insulting. I would think someone that is capable of 'independent thought' could do better. Maybe you can. Maybe you can't. I guess we'll see.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:57 AM   #40
johnnyb
Founding Member

Longride you are getting better, i think you did not threaten to kick that guy's ass. Way to go buddy!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote