Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-02-2006, 05:28 AM   #21
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Patience, grasshopper...

That rumor has only been going around for about 10 years now.

Some day it will happen and everyone can stand up and say, "see, I told you so!"
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2006, 05:32 AM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: 2006 BMW K 1200 GT

If the weights are to be believed BMW has reduced their weight while the FJR has increased substantially. While the BMW costs $3K more, BMWs tend to hold value much better than Japanese brands. In addition, in the rarified atmosphere of $15K+ bikes I'm not so sure that the $3K difference is all that much. On a 5 year 10% loan the difference in payments between 16K and 19K is about $65 (~$400 vs $335), for example. Not a huge difference.

If this BMW can avoid the quality problems that have dogged some of their other models they may just have a winner here. After all the FJR is not that good looking a bike either.

You also just may be able to get the BMW without having to make a deposit and then having to wait for months.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:34 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

"Mongo..... never kill a customer."

"But it was just a dirty fork."
Old 06-02-2006, 05:35 AM   #24
pirateracer
Registered Member

A few weeks ago I thought I saw a brand new kawa concours complete with the paper temporary tag. As a former salesman I thought the guy who sold that bike must have hypnotic powers to sell a brand new twenty year old bike. But when I got closer I saw the BWM sheild. Surely that guy is a fool....

But he must be happy because I have seen him riding that BMW concours EVERY day for three weeks straight.
pirateracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:36 AM   #25
hogrider80
Registered Member

Well, it sounds like they took the R1200RT and transferred the new mill to it. Just about everything that was said could also be said about the RT, except that you can actually feel the powerplant working (to me that's a good thing), and the RT transmission, while good, is clunkier than the new K transmission. What I don't understand is why the K bike is classified as sport touring, and yet the R is not. WHATEVER! They should have repositioned the RT lower on the $$ scale to further differentiate the bikes. Yeah right: BMW *lowering* their price. LOL
hogrider80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:38 AM   #26
bmwdude
Founding Member

Great review!

I must agree with many of the rest of you that this offering from BMW is, a little odd looking. For looks I'd have to go with the "S" model.

On the other hand, I don't think anyone rides a beemer for looks?

I ride an RS and I've always wished the throttle response was slightly stronger. Perhaps the extra 20 HP on this model will give the GT a little more punch. From the read I see torque is also up from 80 to 92! That can't hurt the bike's feel!

I'm not going to be in the market for a new bike for at least 3 more years. I only have 36k on my RS, so it's hardly broken in. However, I will absolutely keep the GT in mind when the time comes.

bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:47 AM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'd have to get the black or blue one because the light color amplifies all the goofy angles. BMW let Bangle draw this one up too?

Pat Travers rocks. I just saw him at a local club a few months ago.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:55 AM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

Don't miss Canned Heat either if they tour by. We saw 'em at Park city last year. One of the best live blues shows I've ever seen.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:05 AM   #29
Tadgh
Registered Member

are you for real......? first post seems to be the standard *first post* on this site... as for the rest ...i have read guys calling each others wives ****s and telling each other how gay/stupid/squidly/ etc..they are ..and i make a comment about an article how bland it reads and i get jumped on like i just been caught pissing on the church picnic....give me a break willya .....is there an underlying problem here i am unaware of or does this whole board just thrive on guys venting their spleen on each other ..if you want site to be the same as the magazines you criticize for being arm in arm with the manufacturers then say so if not then learn to accept discenting opinions no matter how they are expressed...acting like a 12 year old is acting like an *******...well thanks ..and calling some one an ******* is acting like what age?...lighten up i am not your enemy ..i ride a bike ..all different types..i subscribe to this site ...and i am capable of independent thought so get over it..one day i may surprise you and say something you agree with you never know....oh by the way how did the article read to you?
Tadgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:26 AM   #30
bikervince
Founding Member

I saw Pat Travers a couple of years ago at -get this - Disney MGM in Orlando!! That's right, a Disney Theme park. They were having some sort of Mardi-Gras/parade type festival and somebody hired them as the featured band for that day. They sounded great and it was a real hoot watching them try to get the little kiddies, parents and grandparents in attendance sing along with "Snortin' Whiskey and Drinkin' Cocaine" !! I am not making this up....

As far as the BMW, that other comment about the Concours side panels was spot-on. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the boxy fairing and bags. Maybe that's why the price is so high - it comes with a new Concours for spare parts!!

BikerVince

bikervince is offline   Reply With Quote