Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-29-2006, 12:54 PM   #61
OhioSteve
Founding Member

Default Re: Rocket Touring Comparo

If you have already made the decision to buy a charismatic uber-bike, then these machines are both good options. Something like an R-1 or a Rocket III is not suitable for general-purpose riding. Whereas these bikes are actually competent sport-touring machines.

OhioSteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2006, 02:14 AM   #62
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: $11.95?!?

More like embedded bullshyt.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:37 AM   #63
minglet
Registered Member

Well said, as a Busa owner I would have to agree with your comments. It wouldn't take alot of tweaks to bring the Busa up to date and out-quick the ZX but that can be done with a modi***** of aftermarket goodies. My bike has a riser lifting the bars 5 mm and a Zero Gravity double bubble which provides adequate wind protection without hurting the lines. The bike handles wonderfully(it gets track ridden from time to time) and it serves as a daily commuting/touring platform. And yes, it has alot of character with rattly sounds coming from the engine but when you wind it up....well you know.
minglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:49 AM   #64
Grundoon
Registered Member

"I am the sun,

You are the moon.

I am the words,

You are the tune,

Play me."

-- Niel Diamond
Old 05-31-2006, 01:19 PM   #65
DSE
Founding Member

While this site is generally unenthused about the K1200S, it still should have been included if you are looking at 160-plus horsepower sport bikes designed to cruise comfortably at triple-digit speeds. It is odd it was not even mentioned in passing. The reviewer can knock the rating down for price but it still makes a more interesting and valid comparison. A reader can then decide for himself whether the price is worth it.
DSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:04 PM   #66
DSE
Founding Member

Where are the pictures of the insutrument panels? It seems that in many MO reviews, such pictures are missing even though this is the view the rider will see. Plus, better intrumentation was a factor in this review weighing toward the ZX-14, so it'd be helpful to see at least two comparison shots.
DSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:04 AM   #67
SRMark
Founding Member

Sure wish Triumph had stuck to their guns and made their killer machine instead of the Rocket III. Maybe...
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:55 AM   #68
anrajala
Founding Member

In car magazines they compare BMW 300 series regularily to M-B C-series. But never to Renault Megane or to Ford Mondeo. They are not even mentioned in passing. Why do you think that is?

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:04 AM   #69
staff
Registered Member

Default That's a good point!

We'll address it in the future.

Gabe
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:00 AM   #70
chris_z
Founding Member

Default ZX14 Front end comparison

Actually the ZX14 front end reminds me of one of the bug-eyed "sentinel" robots from the Matrix - check it out if you see a similarity there. Don't get me wrong though, I like it!
chris_z is offline   Reply With Quote