Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #31
staff
Founding Member

Default Chain of fools...

No new graphics person, it's just Fonzie, unleashed (just a little bit)...

staff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2006, 12:49 PM   #32
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: WOW

You should have said "at the tire that won't last very long!"
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #33
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Memo to Honda

I'll bet you got beat up almost daily back then, huh?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #34
snowcrash
Founding Member

Default Re: Rocket Touring Comparo

I'm looking for an excuse to buy one as well, but the ZX-14 just doesn't seem as mad as the Hayabusa did in 1999. I'll probably get smitten with the next concept bike I see and never buy that either.

snowcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 01:57 PM   #35
Z1chopper
Founding Member

I just picked up my red ZX14 and I have nothing bad to say about it at all. I traded in my FJR for it. I actually feel more comfortable on it than the FJR with its more upright position. I put 100 miles on it today and like the staff said a few bumps seemed a bit hard but I'm sure I can adjust it a bit. It was just a blast. I never owned a busa so I can't compare them. For me it is the best bike I have ever owned and I've owned quite a few in my 54 yrs.

Steve
Z1chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:03 PM   #36
rapier
Founding Member

The reasons are much better suspension and brakes. If that's worth the thousands you have to spend including the depreciation on your ZZR is up to you. As a cheap bastard no way will I trade up anytime soon . As an old bastard no way will I ever get a 14, probably. Especially because of the insurance thing.

Ive calculated that I have spent .0000002% of my 26K of ZZR seat times at WOT. Obviously I dont need more power.

rapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:04 PM   #37
rapier
Founding Member

The reasons are much better suspension and brakes. If that's worth the thousands you have to spend including the depreciation on your ZZR is up to you. As a cheap bastard no way will I trade up anytime soon . As an old bastard no way will I ever get a 14, probably. Especially because of the insurance thing.

Ive calculated that I have spent .0000002% of my 26K of ZZR seat times at WOT. Obviously I dont need more power.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:08 PM   #38
rapier
Founding Member

Wow, Kawasaki has a winner. Not just a comparo winner and not just an MO comparo winner but I think off the showroom floors too. Weird. Is the world comming to an end?
Old 05-27-2006, 02:23 PM   #39
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I own a Busa and I test rode a ZX14. I wouldn't trade. The 14 is nice, but will certainly be limited with the frame and engine configuration for modifications. It looks kind of weird to my eye also. It is powerful and smooth, but we will see how the aftermarket makes the call. That will determine how many they sell.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:29 PM   #40
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Re: Memo to Honda

Maybe they could find a Japanese guy who studied in Italy, so as to save face. Maybe they could steal a Yamaha designer. As long as it doesn't have the *****y cbr cats eyes or the Kawi "junior designer gets ahold of the wind tunnel, then puts lights everywhere he can" look, I'll be happy.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote