Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #1
Zakman
Founding Member

Default Re: FJR1300 Model Introduction

The early bird gets posted
Zakman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2006, 11:35 PM   #2
Tadgh
Registered Member

#2 dammit

Tadgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #3
Tadgh
Registered Member

...maybe this needs a freezer compartment, arm rests and a butt massage saddle ...
Tadgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:00 AM   #4
GHam
Registered Member

Wow,cool bike,$15,299 and order only in silver! they'll probably sell dozens.
GHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:32 AM   #5
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Hey the freezer and massage sounds good to me on those long rides. LOL! Probably got to get the GW for those though.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:11 AM   #6
saaz
Registered Member

Its what you should expect if an updated model is introduced. As for having to take it gingerly in 15mph corners, why? I ride an ST11 that is heavier, and running out of tyre is the only way you would have to go gingerly. Unless you are a big girl sports bike rider that can't handle any bike that weighs more than 150kg
saaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:52 AM   #7
maxriderdon
Founding Member

A quick check on cycle trader list anywhere from MSRP down to 13,300. Not really a bad price for that much bike. Real brakes, real motor, real handling, Or....you could buy a shiney parade bike of which is functionally a POC by comparison for a lot more $. Hmmm....
Old 05-23-2006, 04:06 AM   #8
mikenomad
Founding Member

Doesn't sound like the ideal shifting setup. It should have a fly-by-wire throttle so that the clutch and throttle action is automatically coordinated for smoother shifts, as on automotive systems. And it sounds like the upshift routine is awkward. You have to bend your hand sideways and REACH over with your index finger and PULL to upshift? Why not just have two buttons, one over and one under, that can be operated by simply rotating the thumb?
mikenomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:27 AM   #9
maladg
Registered Member

Nearby dealer has a nice, blue '06 std. One of my two objections with the FJ - relatively cramped rider/pass area - has been handled. Still a tad more snug than a typical Sport Tour BMW, but still an improvement. And the seat is better.

The other objection is heat mgmt. Hopefully not only is Gabe right, but that this is the beginning of a trend. Now maybe the rumored Honda ST13 replacement will also have better heat mgmt.

I'd pass on the automated gearbox. While I find DSG type boxes pretty cool on cars - I live in an uber heavy traffic area - said same on a bike gives a comprehensive answer to a question I did not ask.

Having said that, looks like we just might be seeing a glimpse of what is to come. Scooters have auto's....some young scooter riders may want to move up in size, power and handling.....and may not want to shift. Hmmm.

Oh, almost forgot: around here, FJR's are agressively discounted. Nobody pays anywhere close to list.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:34 AM   #10
bboule
Founding Member

Riders ask for a 6-speed transmission, Yamaha delivers a 5-speed manumatic?

Sounds like it remains a good bike but "sometimes generates jerky shifts" and motorcycles do not go together for me.
bboule is offline   Reply With Quote