Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #51
staff
Registered Member

Default OK, smart guy...

"Gallons" can also be used as a measurement of volume as well as liquid, much like cubic centimeters and mililiters are interchangeable.

But you knew that didn't you? Trying to get a rise out of me, are ya? So I'll say something rude and you gibbering pea-brains can repeat that over and over again...

S$hit! Tricked again!

Gabe
staff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2006, 06:05 PM   #52
gforces
Founding Member

Default who cares?

Just take it for what it is: a fast bike that you can take to far places and be happy while doing so. I'd have to try riding a big brute powerhouse like that to see if I like it before buying, and since they don't give demo rides that pretty much leaves it to another owner letting me ride theirs--and I know no one who owns one.

Heck, I wonder what touring on a Burgman 650 CVT would be like--no shifting, good power, storage space, better on gas, etc...
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:43 AM   #53
stoney8888
Founding Member

Default Re: Beware manumatic

luckly you can still get a good old clutch car right? I hope so because I am not ready for an old lady automatic even if I am in stop and go traffic or reaching for the phone
stoney8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:19 AM   #54
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You must not have kids.

Let's face it, modern automatics are so good now that driving a stick is almost nostalgic.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 06:19 AM   #55
team222
Founding Member

Default Re: FJR1300 Model Introduction - team 22 comments

Lets see if I get this.

Yamaha FJ1300 is the only metric mainstream motorcycle sold in the USA that requires a deposit and wait period ...yet the Europeans can walk into their dealer and test ride the bike and buy it off the floor..........and all you can say is IÂ’m a bit more pragmatic and would give Yam a passing grade

I say you either work for either work for Yamaha or were the marketing person responsible for their program...or both.

team222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:33 AM   #56
stoney8888
Founding Member

nostalgic and boring.

I have one kid year and a half old boy.

I don't hate autos. I have three cars and only one is a stick, but that is my daily driver. My wife has an auto and our other car is a custom 52" Hudson with chevy running gear with a auto. It was going to be way to hard to mount the clutch pedal and linkage so I went with the auto for ease.
stoney8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #57
nesbit
Founding Member

Default Re: FJR1300 Model Introduction

It continues to amaze me that anyone would buy any bike, or for that matter, a car, without test riding/driving it first. Perfect example, as reported by the MC press, is the new FZ1, which looked great on paper, but then turns out to have a really dysfunctional EFI quirk, resulting in unpleasant and unpredictable low end throttle snatchiness. Yamaha certainly wouldn't want this machine being tested by the would be purchaser. And, while it's not difficult to unerstand the business cost challenge that dictates a no test ride policy on the part of most MC dealers, the policy should dictate a serious caveat emptor approach on the part of the customer. As for the manufacturers deposit and future delivery format, this is primarily dictated by the low volume / low profit % that bikes like the 1300 generate. But, whatever the rationale for not providing a test ride, it is only just slightly less absurb than the rationale for buying something you've not been allowed to ride first.
nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:51 AM   #58
DonM
Founding Member

Default Try the BMW K1100LT. S$hit! Tricked again!

This road test could have been also written for my 1993 K1100LT. It's lighter than big rigs and feels very solid at the vibration free zone between 70 and 80 mph. Weather protection is also excellent, has heated grips, electrically adjustable windshield, and a finicky ABS system. All for under $4500.
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:00 AM   #59
anrajala
Founding Member

In Finland, and also in Brazil and Argentina, I can walk in to buy a H-D off the floor with MSRP.

Test ride could also be a possiblity but only if you are the all time fav gay lover of the dealership owner.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:45 AM   #60
p3ga
Registered Member

Nope, don't work for Yamaha, detest marketing types almost as much as attorneys.

Litigation (or fear thereof) has much to do with the lack of test rides available to all of us.

I'll close by saying: 1) I respect your viewpoint; 2) If I was ready to purchase an FJ, I'd know the ground rules beforehand & wait patiently.
p3ga is offline   Reply With Quote