Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-27-2001, 06:27 AM   #31
Wolvie
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph Daytona Reader Feedback

Hey Sprint,

I was at the show at the JJCC this weekend too.

Question:

Is it me or was it squeezed so tight in there you couldn't take a deep breath without knocking someone over? Not to mention the crap they were attempting to sell. Yeah, I really need a homemade video of some squid doing block-long wheelies to the tune of Hip-Hop music! (Sigh!)

Every year I am more and more disappointed with the show. Though, Triumph & Ducati did have nice displays & it was nice to see Honda finally put a price to the VTX 1800 ($12,700).

Wolvie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2001, 06:55 AM   #32
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

And you LIKE the looks of the Speed Triple??? IMHO, the older Triple was SWEET. Put a fly-speck wind screen on that large, single headlight and that was a fine looking streetfighter. The newer triples have those nasty bug-eye headlamps and what's with the new color??? I don't care what Triumph calls it, it's PINK! As far as the performance... D@mn fine ride. More fun than most of us deserve. GREAT front brake. Nonexistant brake on the rear. No big deal for most really just know that, should you need it, it ain't there.

"Cages are for Hamsters!"

www.ironbutt.com

www.ridetowork.org
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 07:56 AM   #33
Sprint_ST_NYC
Founding Member

You're right - if the bike is _designed_ to have the underseat exhaust. Retrofitting one to a conventional (side-mount) bike is another story. Sorry, should have been more clear.
Sprint_ST_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 07:58 AM   #34
Sprint_ST_NYC
Founding Member

Yeah, it was kinda cramped. I was psyched to see that insane Munch bike, though. Man that thing is a tank.

I liked the Triumph and Ducati displays, and the Honda display was good too. Got to sit in the new Goldwing, and man, that thing was more comfy than some couches I've sat in.

They need to use the big room, though. There were too many people in that tiny space.
Old 02-27-2001, 08:04 AM   #35
Sprint_ST_NYC
Founding Member

I dunno, man - the Italians aren't doing so well lately either. After the MV Agusta F4 and the Benelli Tornado (which you can't buy yet), I haven't seen any Italian bikes that make my knees weak. The whole Aprilia line I think is forgettable. The Futura is grotesque, the Mille is a Japanese bike with slightly better built quality. The Falco is kinda cool due to the neat frame, but other than that, they're all too angular and graceless looking. Sorta like 80's sports cars. Ducati is coasting on old designs.

Have you ever ridden a Triumph? Those triples are some fun motors. They don't need to be revved as high as a four, and produce gobs of torque. Lots of fun. The new one puts out about as many horses as the 929RR and zx-9, but at lower RPM. I imagine it's going to be a total blast to ride, but it will be more of a streetbike than, say, the GSXR1000.
Old 02-27-2001, 08:08 AM   #36
DosWheelos
Founding Member

My thoughts exactly.......I'm thinking this bike will grow on me....aw hell...maybe it's just the neato brit sticker on it...i'll take one
DosWheelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 08:12 AM   #37
VFRider
Registered Member

Default Re: Overlooked and Underrated

You are a talking a pile of mooo. O.K. You happy now?
VFRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 08:14 AM   #38
VFRider
Registered Member

That single-sided swingarm sure made maintenance a breeze though.
VFRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 08:20 AM   #39
CBR1000F
Founding Member

And the last three that MO had blew up on them. So what's your point? There are also still a few Yugo's on the road...
Old 02-27-2001, 09:41 AM   #40
DrEvil
Founding Member

i had the pleasure of riding my friends 99 955 and i really liked it.comming from a 955sp ducati i must say that the sound of that triple with a pipe is awsome.it has alot more soul than a jap bike(not knocking them but on the street these bikes are all competetive.the new bike has alot more compression and turns 500rpm more up top.its got to sound great.to me its how it sounds and feels and i will take care of making it go fast.triumph made a very aggressive move.
DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote