Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-16-2006, 01:31 PM   #31
ccmun
Founding Member

Default Re: Water and Wildlife in the Sunshine State

Cmon....You guys are full of beans..There is more stuff to do in South Florida than 24/y 365 than most places on earth. ..I have lived in NY for two decades and have owned a house in South Florida for almost a decade. I have ridden more miles on my mountain bike in a few years in Florida than decades in NYC. I have put more miles on my motor sickle than in when I lived in NY....I can Scuba Dive anytime on some of the worlds best reefs....then take my boat down the intra-coastal and check out more hotties per sq foot than Central Pk on any SoFlo beach.... Not to mention South Beach, and the food...uh the food....If you cant find sweet life and culture in SoFla...you are so old world.
ccmun is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #32
mn0024
Registered Member

They are awfully slow, just ask Troy Bayliss. Anytime you want to race on any of the mountain roads here in Oregon, I'd be happy to put some cash on the outcome. I haven't found a GSXR1000, ZX-10, or even an XB-12 that will keep up with my 999 in the mountains.

I knew my intuition was right on the money about that I.Q. thing.
mn0024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:53 PM   #33
ccmun
Founding Member

Amen Bro...As a SoFlo resident and refugee from NY...I am amazed, but happy at the stream of stereotypical horse-manure emanating from former residents or occasional visitors. Hopefully it will stem the stampede of people moving down here....Yes, our roads are flat and true, forget about riding year round, and the several months of heavenly 70 degree weather between November and May. Its all about sweaty humidy and bugs in your teeth... Suffer your long commutes whereever you are, dreaming of summer while gazing fondly on your winterized steeds. Yep Florida is all about Daytona and beer belly dudes on HDs...There is no thriving sport bike scene, no chance to enjoy the sea, Everglades and Keys... and the crazy mashup of Anglo/Caribbean culture that will shape the nation....Yep...we are all little old ladies with blue hair down here. The land of the newly wed and the nearly dead...
ccmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #34
bigdx
Founding Member

Mmm, I guess your high IQ is what makes you speed on mountain roads ... really smart. Only a genuis would do that, eh Troy?
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:40 PM   #35
mn0024
Registered Member

I never said anything about speeding. So let's see, your an idiot and you jump to conclusions too.
mn0024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:47 AM   #36
bigdx
Founding Member

"I never said anything about speeding. So let's see, you[‘]r[e] an idiot and you jump to conclusions too."

vs.

"Anytime you want to race on any of the mountain roads here in Oregon, I'd be happy to put some cash on the outcome."

So when I-wannabe-Troy-the-mountain-man races, he never exceeds 55 mph? I guess the S stands for "Sissy" model? Or are 999's simply a lot slower than I thought?

Ps. I see you managed to spell some of the works correctly whilst referring to me as being the idiot. LOL Yeah, you come across as a real genius.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:43 AM   #37
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Fl sucks to ride, I think that all year round while I'm riding. There is a disturbing (and I might add suspicious! ) lack of mountain pass roads around. There are some good places to ride to though. Naked bikes are "Cool" in hot climes. If one must visit, please quickly spend all your money and leave, Thank You!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:44 AM   #38
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default A Battle of Whit

... between two unarmed men.