Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-15-2006, 01:52 PM   #21
lwatcdr
Founding Member

Default Re: Water and Wildlife in the Sunshine State

There are some nice places in Florida. I am not a big fan of the Miami area but if you head north instead of south it is much nicer.

Some great rides are up old 27 and the Ocala area.

Come in February

Also some really nice dirt roads to explore if you are into Dual-Sports.

Do not expect a bunch of knee scraping canyons here but there is some really pretty country down here if you know where too look.

lwatcdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2006, 01:58 PM   #22
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: 40 Year old virgin

Yeah well my poodle owns your ass...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:00 PM   #23
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Birth Control.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #24
ksquid
Banned

Amway...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:32 PM   #25
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: 40 Year old virgin

YouÂ’re to dumb to communicate with me Â… save yourself the embarrassment of trying.
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #26
conchscooter
Founding Member

I used to live in Motorcycle Heaven, the Santa Cruz mountains of California, and don't regret my move to the Florida Keys one bit. I ride year round, and working the night shift I get to see the most fabulous sunrises each day on my way home. I don't miss the cold and fog and damp of Northern California. Beyond the weather and motorcycling I like hopping into my skiff and swimming every afternoon in warm clear water.

The old image of Florida as "gods waiting room" ( not exactly an original quotation as its been around for decades) is unfortunately superseded by the arrival of millions of immigrants of all ages and races.

Cagers suck in Florida but they were no great shakes in California. The only place I

found them to be the least bit orderly is Seattle, but I'd rather eat worms than live there.

The Keys are special, the best place to ,live in Florida, and real estate reflects that fact. Personally i'd be just as happy if everyone chose to emigrate to Pennsylvania or Arizona and leave more room down here.

As for the article I enjoyed the wide-eyed wonder of it all, and now perhaps the churlish reader who complained that california stories don't do much for east coasters will be happy. however reading the whinging thus far i'd say fat chance and I'm going back to enjoying the heat humidity bugs and gray haired drivers. Phew!
Old 05-15-2006, 10:53 PM   #27
mn0024
Registered Member

Ricer???? My current ride is an 05' 999S Mono. From the looks of your previous posts, it is pretty obvious that while it is unlikely to happen, your I.Q. aspires to some day break out of the double digits. That being the case, I'll just be content to know you are an idiot and not attempt to engage you in an intelligent exchange. I wouldn't want to tax you "Get'r Done" mentality.
mn0024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:27 AM   #28
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I don't think anyone would disagree with what you just wrote, however, this is a motorcycle site and FL is an awful place if you're a motorcycle enthusiast.

Flat and straight gets kind of boring after awhile, doesn't it?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:12 AM   #29
SuperBill
Founding Member

Default Fla Sux

Spent the first eighteen years of my life in north central Florida. Two of those years a motorcycle was my only form of transportation. Heat. Humidity. Love-bugs. Snakes. Rust. Straight, flat, boring roads. Motorcycle purgatory. The only good thing about the entire state was the scantily clad women. C'mon, Paul, couldnÂ’t you have included some photos from the ****-Fest?
SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:15 PM   #30
bigdx
Founding Member

999? I always wondered why somebody would spend so much on a slow sports bike.
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote