Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #51
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Big Brother & Your Bike

Being drunk or high is a prerequisite for wanting to get married at any age!
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #52
brandenw
Founding Member

Not the same thing. A chip in a skull won't tell them what you're doing etc. like the box would, and they can almost do that now anyways with cell phones and credit cards and things, I'm sure.

It's funny how people cry foul and whine about the government when people tell them they're breaking the law. Taking advantage of freedoms (and driving is a priviledge, not a freedom) and you're likely to lose it. We wouldn't be having this discussion if people in cars, motorcycles or whatever weren't abusing the laws and causing problems.
brandenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #53
brandenw
Founding Member

I'd have to agree from what I've seen.. It's the ones that get married when they aren't that worry me.
brandenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #54
maladg
Registered Member

I near swallowed my snuff upon reading that.

I've read - and I do forget where - that the Brits have started extending the surveillance cameras outside roads and urban areas into country walking paths.

Maybe one of our fellow Morons over there could confirm or deny.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #55
J_M-Syb
Founding Member

I find it difficult to believe that you are such a perfect driver that you have NEVER missed a speed limit change.

And you might be surprised to find that I agree with you to an extent. If I get caught while I am speeding, then I expect a ticket and all that goes with it. Provided I am caught in the act, the officer follows all the correct procedures, and his equipment is all up to code.

However, if I am sitting at a light and an officer pulls up my driving history and sees that I have gone 80 miles an hour a week ago, I don't feel that he has the right to stop me, pull me over, or give me a ticket.
J_M-Syb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:49 AM   #56
J_M-Syb
Founding Member

"We wouldn't be having this discussion if people in cars, motorcycles or whatever weren't abusing the laws and causing problems."

NOT true. Enofrcement after the fact DOES NOT improve safety. It is just a way for municipalities to generate revinue.

Put more police on the roads if you want to slow people down. More visible enforcemnt is the ONLY proven way to make travellers slow down.
J_M-Syb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:52 AM   #57
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Hell yeah. We should all just toe the line and be good little boys and girls. Maybe you need to look at it another way. Without so many laws there would be less lawbreakers and less people 'causing problems'. The more bullshyt laws you make the more lawbreakers you create, the more enforcement you need. Get the picture? Driving IS my right. I pay taxes that build the roads and pay for the enforcement on those roads. I also pay the a$$holes' salaries that come up with bullshyt that driving is a 'priviledge'. It's my happiness and 'the persuit of happiness' is right there in the Constitution. If you want to think of it as one of those things our beloved Gov lets us do, you go right ahead. Just quit telling me it isn't my right, cause that ain't correct.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:53 AM   #58
ksquid
Banned

Default Oh Please...

"u won't even know when it's being done. And even if your vehicle isn't equipped with GPS, don't worry, they've got that covered, too. Soon, all the VDRs will be equipped with wireless Internet capability, so"

Yeah right... VDRs cost money, GPS transmitters cost money, wireless internet costs money.. Unless the government mandates it. It ain't going to happen. Auto makers need to make money... Hell GM can't even sell On Star... Get real and take off the aluminum foil off your head... God I can hear the GPTB now. They are probably headed to their underground bunkers as we speak... Hell my bike doesn't have a gas guage... Get Real people, it ain't going to happen...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #59
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Won't work here. They don't care who is driving. Sooner or later your state will come to the same conclusion.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #60
maladg
Registered Member

Given that Federal criminal codes along exceed several million lines of "verse" just how is it that you can know what "laws" you are "abusing".

I suggest that brandenw volunteers in some big public forum to have every single thing he buys be embedded with the latest, greatest RFID device, that all his vehicles be replaced with ones that have the most up to date "datametrics" or whatever you wanna call 'em.

While you are at it, go ahead and call the IRS and volunteer for the old Total Taxpayer Compliance Audit. Hey, they need new data. (subliminal msg to follow: supportthefairtax)

Then make sure you get one of them newfangled GPS enabled cell phones.

Use your real name on every forum.

Authorize everybody to access your MIB data.

Oh, and don't forget...get one of those nifty "blink" RFID credit cards...wouldn't want you to miss out.

Funny how most of these examples I've used are already in place without a heck of a lot of choice on our part....
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote